Another rainy Saturday...

Old 10-12-2002, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Another rainy Saturday...

Hi everyone,

Well, its another rainy Saturday here in PA. The A slept in the basement all night after getting soaked in the rain. That was fine with me. Today he is in denial about his drinking. First it was I didn't drink (even though he smelt like it and had a major attitude) and then it was I had one beer. I think he doesn't think he is an alcoholic. He thinks beer is okay (one day he had about 14 of them) but hard liquor is the problem. I don't know. I tried to tell him that alcohol is alcohol but he just doesn't get it. It was like talking to a wall, so I stopped wasting my breath.

Today I am going shopping. I am going to wait a bit to see if it clears up a bit but even if it doesn't I am still going. I just need to get out of this house. Even though I don't care for my job some days, I am thankful I have a place to go to get away from this house.......I think I rambled a bit there......lol

Oh well, just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Saturday!! I hope you all have a great weekend. I hope to check in later.

Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 10-12-2002, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Debbie,

Oh I remember those days...I almost felt homeless. I spent so much time at meetings and at the library and my car because I was always leaving. But it is what I had to do and so do you.
I went so far as to change jobs and get a job in the evening and funny...but when I was getting ready to "go home again" I was offered days.

Life just keeps moving whether we like it or not but sometimes we need to step away.

Have a nice day!

JT
Old 10-12-2002, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jt's right, Barbiedeb

It's pretty hard to hit a moving target . Enjoy your day and do somthing nice for yourself.