Not doing so darn well! ;((((

Old 10-08-2002, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Not doing so darn well! ;((((

I was too damned upset last night to even write anything. I was de-moted yesterday at work. It was horrible. I figured they would be phasing my job out soon...with the hiring freeze and everything going on, and it happened. I was docked 2 dollars in my hourly pay as well. I don't know at this point what to do. I am still trying to get the ball rolling with the substance abuse program and maybe that can get started soon. I will still have to find another job though in addition to what I have to make up for the income.

And where is my x-A/father of my daughter in all of this? Nowhere to be found. I am having to let my daugher miss school for 3 days this week until I get paid to even pay for after school care.

Yes, I'm having a pity party. Life can really stink sometimes. I know it could be worse.

Hope everyone is well.

Love yall
Old 10-08-2002, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Bonbon,
Ugh, I am so sorry. But you have been
hit over and over, and you always get
right back up. One thing is your x-A
needs to get his beehind in gear and
start paying child support. Does he
work-maybe you could file for support
if you haven't already done so. Just
a thought, until you can figure this out.
Can someone else watch your daughter
after school right now, like one of her friends Mom's and you can return the favor? I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

(((HUGS)))
Old 10-08-2002, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Bonbon,

You have such a good work record that you could probably find a new job that pays as well as you're getting now. At least try that instead of adding more work for the same pay. Make sure what they did is legal too.

This is a set back that I think will open better doors for you.

Have faith.

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-08-2002, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

(((Bonbon)))

Boy you called that didn't you! Talk about intuition! Do you have food stamps available to you? I did that for a bit when I was first alone with my son and you can't buy TP with them but you can eat well and conserve you funds for other things. Can you work extra hours where you are? I know you hate it but if there is a hiring freeze I am sure there is plenty of work to go around.

I am thinking too!

Hugs,
JT
Old 10-08-2002, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

Take this as the nudge you need to get yourself another job - something you like doing and for the money you deserve.

I know that soon you will look back at this misfortune as a gift that moved you on to where you will be happier - just you wait and see.

Hang in there - everything you need will be provided...just trust in that.
Old 10-08-2002, 03:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Bonbon -

When God shuts a door, he opens a window!! I know this is a hard time, but try to remember that.

As JT suggested see if you can get some help until you get something else going.

We will all be praying for you .
Old 10-08-2002, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Bonbon....
Sorry to hear about the job. That child care is rough too. Is dad having the money taken out through the courts? I had to do that years ago...as he always seemed to forget!
I hope things go better for you...hang in there
Love Kitty
Old 10-08-2002, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If you want...

Bon Bon:

I finally feel like here's somewhere that I might be able to help (instead of just leaning on everyone else's support here!). I'm not sure if you are interested, but I help people write resumes on the side.

I'd be happy to work with you to do that. I don't do this as a job so I don't want any money- I just like playing with words and formatting stuff! (yes, I'm a nerd! )

Please let me know if you want any help with that. I'd be glad to!

I've been laid off twice now and I have found better and better jobs each time. Maybe this is a new opportunity for you!

Take care!

Glow
Old 10-09-2002, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe I am just emotional or something I dont know. I really appreciate you all so much. I think maybe it is a little difficult because I am also dreading days like today with my Birthday, then my daughters birthday coming up, the holidays etc. It is the first time in a long time I will have spent them without my A.

I have you all, and knowing that is such a profound help I just can't thank you all enough for all the support.

GloWorm I would love the help with a resume, I threw one together and I know it could be better, I just didnt know anyone who could help me. I will email you this evening. Thank you so much for the offer.

I appreciate you all! Thank you again.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((((((((Bonbon)))))))))))
My prayers are with you this morning. Happy Birthday! I am so joyful that God brought you into this world, my friend. Remember Melody Beattie? She went through really really tough times and everything worked out ok. Have faith, God is working in your life. Remember to keep breathing, you never know what the tide will bring in.................
Old 10-09-2002, 02:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bonbon,

Did you know there is a huge influx of new members in 12 step groups during and after the holidays? Just like Health Clubs after the 1st.

Don't ever think you are alone in that...I would like to get away this year but whereever I go there I am!!

Hugs,
JT