Sometimes they do good!!

Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sometimes they do good!!

I've had the day from hell at work!! My line manager wrongly described a project to me which has to be presented at a meeting of upper managers tomorrow.

She emailed it (my presentation) in advance and the woman who had commissioned the work rang straight back to say it wasn't what she asked for. My boss has asked me to bluff that it is what it isn't - to alter bits to make it fit. OH JOY!! I get to give a presentation that most likely won't make sense to directors!

(Before you say stick up for yourself - it's really complicated and that wouldn't be in my best interests).

Anyway D got his usual 91% in his uni work so I figured on top of all that he'd be drinking tonight - yep I have a grip on that in myself, but talk about lousy timing. I'm just not in the mood to be detached or to feel the happiness through it.

I get home and ask D's advice on a poster I trying to design - instead of wittling for a drink, or dragging me through photo shop lectures he's taken the poster to do it for me in photo shop!!

He just gave a smug grin and said - 'Can I play with it a bit?'

I know he's as soft as the inside of me pocket but I really did think his need to celebrate would have meant him suggesting I should go out after such a naff day. Hey - these excuses are hard to come by AND he's upset I'm getting a rough time at work, and even I've figured out what that does to craving!!

I think it's because I'm still in a pants mood that I keep thinking if I send this he'll come downstairs and want to celebrate the poster!!

Only one way to find out.....
Old 05-18-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((( Equus! )))

Ain't it a pisser? They do something human and decent and we stand around waiting for the other shoe to drop. We get scared that if we just enjoy the moment we'll wind up sadly disillusioned. Again. Try not to let his taking a small burden off your shoulders replace it with another one. He's doing the poster. YAY!

HUGS!
Smoke
Old 05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hehehehehe....

And no 'thonk' of the other shoe dropping!! Usually I can enjoy the moment and take things a lot more as they come but today was a nightmare and I just wasn't in the right place to cheer up.

I am now - I've seen the poster!! Talented bugger!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

^^^^ I learned something!!

Being stressed, tired, fed up all effected my ability to live in the moment and take the pleasure of something good. I think all the philosophising and understanding in the world can be hard to remember at the end of a bad day.

It had been a pleasant surprise which I could have taken at face value - and no I don't think that would have led to future disappointment, as long as I didn't attach to it future expectations.

In the end he did want something in return for his efforts - a HUGE cup of tea!!