Why am I bothered so much by my MIL presence

Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why am I bothered so much by my MIL presence

I went home lastnight, after a two hour painstaking baseball game, we had to call it at the top of the fifth because it was getting so late, and starting to get dark. lol

I became a little frustrated because they had my son pitch the first two innings and he is not a pitcher, my son asked them to pull him in the second inning with two outs. He was upset, and was making me nuts. By the bottom of the fourth, the umpire and are team mom were exchanging words. We got are butt kicks 14 to 4 and it only went four innings. So you can all imagine.

I tried calling home and there was no answer, I wanted my H to pick up the other kids, because we were there so long, I wondered why he didnt answer, but didnt think much of it.

I got home and immediatley could tell he was drinking. I left him alone, he explained to me how hard he worked in the yard while I was gone, and began to show me everything he did. He poured more cement to hold a fencing pole in place, and he had his mother put her name in the cement, (granny). The thought of her name in my yard, carved in my cement makes me sick, I said nothing. My h was all proud of her name being there. gadddddddddddddddddddddssssssssss

Old 05-11-2005, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Let go and let God

Emily,
I understand the frustration with an addicted spouse.
Do you go to al-anon meetings? Sounds like you have some pent up resentment or anger. Or just had a bad night. I have found alot of help at meetings. With kids it can be difficult to find time but it does help. I have also found alot of help in searching my motives and my feelings. Be honest with yourself as to why you feel and do what you do. Good luck and keep coming back.
Jeff
Old 05-11-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sdp

Can you erase the name or is it too late (hard?) Maybe invest in a chipper (lol)

Anyone else's name or just her's?

Did you ask him how the apron strings feel?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didnt say anything to anyone, I kept how I felt inside, because it would have done no good, I just want to know why I cringe, at the thought of her being at my house and carving her name in my yard.

I do have alot of pent up anger with her, and I can say I dont like her at all.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didnt look at it, but I think he said just hers. I couldnt imagine what he would do if I chipped it away, but I would love too.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sdp

If he had put the kids' names and footprints, that would be cool. If he just put his mother's name at his(and your) house, that's just wierd. You would be perfectly in the right to get her name off there.

If hub protests, tell him that you'll tell all his drinking buddies that he put mommy's name in his yard, and they will laugh at him for being a mommy's boy!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

:Lmao
Originally Posted by sdp
If hub protests, tell him that you'll tell all his drinking buddies that he put mommy's name in his yard, and they will laugh at him for being a mommy's boy!!!
sdp - that is great

Emily - I'll refrain from answering the "topic" question. I think you know how I feel Honey, it's not you. But I do agree that it's not good to hold on to that restment. How frustrating it must be for you.

(((((()))))

I'm sorry your son's team didn't win his game.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My ex not only was holding onto his mothers apron strings he was also still connected by the umbilical cord. He was her husband and she was his wife.

So it was always a 3 way relationship me, her and him. I can understand how you feel.

Ngaire
Old 05-11-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You feel the way you do because you MIL is a class A bitch and your husband puts her before you all the time. He knows how you feel about her and his relationship with her and he enjoys upsetting you. Unfortunately, there is not a damn thing you can do about it. I think that if it were me I would develop some strange fantasy about her that makes you laugh whenever you think about her. Perhaps a funny looking little troll who lives under a bridge and dresses all in purple and has a huge wart on her nose and two crossed eyes. Everytime she comes out from under that bridge to cause trouble all you have to do is wiggle your nose and she will go scurrying back to where she belongs! Since you now know how to force her under that bridge, when you click your heels together your husband will be wisked away to spend time with her under that bridge whenever you want!

Sometimes, just changing the picture can give you a much needed break from the people that make us feel bad.

Hugs, Jo

PS Can you tell that I also had a yucky MIL?
Old 05-11-2005, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

get some more cement, mix it up and put a finishing top layer "to help him out, because you didn't think he was finished" I'm sooo sorry, I thought I was helping you." Get my drift? Remember "This too shall pass- when is the question? God Bless
'"
'