Friendship

Old 05-04-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all your responses

I have decided to take up an offer from an acquaintance of mine (met through my son's baseball team). She had asked me to join curves with her, I dont know if anyone has heard of it, but I am excited about it, I will be going with her atleast three days a week, I talked to her lastnight at my son's game.

I will be exercising and getting to know someone new. Baby steps

My son has his mulitcultural fair tonight at school, somehow I signed a slip to make enough strawberry freezies to accomodate 300 to 400 guests (sample size). I dont remember signing that, lol. After the game lastnight I went to Meijers and cheated big time, I dont know if anyone has ever seen those big buckets with daquiri mix in them, all you have to do is add the alcohol, well for the fair of course no alcohol, but the mixture is perfect, I stuck those in the freezer and they should be good to go by 5:00.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

emily - that sounds like a double "do something good for you" whammy - physical exercise and emotional exercise at the same time! good for you! i have heard of curves - let us know if you like it - 30 mins. a session sounds doable to me.

ooouuuu - those strawberry freezies sound soooo good.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Emily:

I consider you a dear friend. Why? Because I like everything about you. Your sense of humor, your serious side, your devotion to your children, your devotion to your brother, your "stupid signs," your love for animals, your good moods, your bad moods, your wisdom, your insecurities, your strengths, your weaknesses. All the things that make you - YOU!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am truly blessed, thank you everyone
Old 05-05-2005, 05:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

first of all, big friendly hug to you.

i think its good to have several intimate friends rather than a large circle of aquaintances that only give u small talk and no real connections. to make friends? i would recommend exploring your hobbies. ive met my friends at university, at choir, at social gatherings, during blind dates (friend of the blind date believe it or not!!) at work.

it puzzles me to write this because i often can still feel so so alone. friends for me talk to me, we had some sort of spark where we could just talk, where there wasnt sexual attraction but we both got something from our friendship. I dont know you H but it sounded a bit cold what he said to you.

to beat loneliness i go to alanon, and i have found my bestest friends there, people i can be myself with, open my heart to and above all, people i can trust. true friends. you have a friend in me. hugs

one day at a time, keep it simple.

congrats on your progress in making friends!! even though i do not know you it warms my heart.
peace
Old 05-05-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Emily,

I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier but I think you are a wonderful person to be friends with! There are many others here as well. It's already been said here a few times but it's true that a few good friends are better than a million half-a$$ed ones. I've felt pretty lonely lately as well during my pregnancy. My health isn't always 100% so I've been a little cut off from the outside. The brightside of it all is that my true friends are still there waiting for me whether I call them every day or go out with them all the time. Abf is Mr. Social Butterfly but I wonder how many of his "friends" would be there through his harder times.

I am so glad you are getting out there with new people. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. It's so hard to take that step out of the comfort zone sometimes to start but it gets easier once you get out there. Enjoy yourself! You do have many, many friends here!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Emily -- I am sorry I haven't responded earlier. I have read this post about 7 times now, but when I get to writing a response...I draw a blank.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that, through all of your posts and pictures , I feel as if I've known you for quite a while. You and your experiences, and the way you handle different situations, have made a big impact on my life....just as any friend would. I consider you a very good friend. Just because We are a million miles away, I still worry about you and I still think about you and your family.

Big hugs to you!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Emily,

My AH has made the exact same comments. Truth is I'm the one with the "REAL" friends. I could call anyone of my friends and say that I need a place to stay for the night and they would take me in with open arms. On the other hand, my AH has no friend that would help him. They are a what you call fair weather friends. When things are going good for my AH they are right there for him. But when the chips are down and I've kicked him out of the house or taken his keys from him when he is drinking no one steps in and says to him come crash at my place.
My AH has tried several time to turn me against my friends by saying that they told him stuff about me or telling me that "I did this to him and if I don't like it **** will." (**** = my best friend). I called the friend he mentioned and she said she would never do that to her best friend, she's been in my shoes before and that he was trying to turn me against her.

Hang in there girl.