SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I'm so excited! Taking care of ME! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/57976-im-so-excited-taking-care-me.html)

walkingtheline 05-01-2005 06:42 PM

I'm so excited! Taking care of ME!

I've been blessed lately, good job, recently bought a new to me car...and in 29 days - not that I'm counting! hahaha - I'm moving and leaving the abf.

Until about a year ago, I worked at a real office (rather than my home one) and because I didn't have a car, I walked to and from work. Now, working from home and having a car to go places, I walk WAY less than I used to and it shows. :sad2: I'm not eating more, just moving less. And, I miss walking!

So, I've been looking for a treadmill. With moving I didn't want to spend a great deal so I've been cruising the thrift stores and watching ebay.

BINGO! Today I bought one! I found it on ebay and it sure ought to hold me because it belonged to the Incredible Hulk, Lou Ferrigno!!! It's an older commercial model, the guy assures me it's in great working order. The best part? The purchase price was.....5 dollars and fifty cents! hahaha

I spoke with my friend and he can borrow his son's truck on Saturday so we're going on an adventure! We'll drive to Santa Monica, pick up the treadmill, stop off at the beach, have lunch and then stash this monster in my friends garage until I move.

One more step towards caring for myself! It feels good!

Savana 54 05-01-2005 06:46 PM

Thats awesome! I can't believe the treadmill was so cheap! I've been looking for one too, but the cheapest I have seen is like 275 dollars :thinking: Wow you really hit the jackpot!

Is it a manual one or a motorized? Good for you!!!!:)

CodeMaster 05-01-2005 06:50 PM

Awesome stuff! Working out is a really healthy thing to do in so many ways, its really good treatment for people in our shoes more then ever!

walkingtheline 05-01-2005 07:40 PM

It's an old model and it's HUGE but it's motorized!

Goes from 1 to 10 mph, and the grade ranges from 0 to 12 degrees.

See it here: cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7151882066&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I also bought my car on ebay, it was the UGLIEST car ever! She had been used as a sign in front of a store and was covered in stickers! She also hadn't moved in 2 years. She was covered and filled with dust, spider webs etc...what a mess she was! In fact, she was so dirty I wasn't even sure what color she was. That's the bad news.

The good news is her body was perfect, my mechanic said she was sound and even tho she was old, she had less than 100K miles. The purchase price was 232.50. Removing the stickers cost me about ten bucks in chemicals and ten hours with a heat gun to get them off, new tires were $150, my mechanic charged me $50 to visit her and check her out, the state inspection fee was $38 and the plates were 40. So, so far I have $470 or so in her and she runs great. Next I want to get her painted and add some wheel covers.

I just LOVE bargains! :)

Savana 54 05-01-2005 08:36 PM

I've always envied people that can spot a good bargain. I don't have the knack, unfortunatlely..

Good job WTL!! :)

Magichappens 05-01-2005 09:01 PM

Good for you! I love finding a good deal, and on something so useful. Hugs, Magic