Step Study - Step 3

Old 05-08-2005, 05:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Step 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

How do I feel about turning my life over to a Higher Power for guidance?

with trust and faith i feel fine. i can rest and relax cos he controls more than i can.

How do I know who or what my Higher Power is?

i feel him, i sense him wihtin me and around me. its deeply spiritual for me. i dont know exactly but thats half the beauty of it

Am I willing to try to turn my problems over? What could help me to be willing?

hah not always but god has whats best for me, surrendering to his will is the only way to be happy joyous and free. it helps me to be willing wheni pray or meditate and god comforts me, ii almost hear him say, its ok toby you can trust me, go with this feeling or warning to say somethings wrong here.

How can I stop thinking, trying and considering, and actually make a decision?

just do it. by the grace of god have faith patience and the COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN. it takes time, im not being rushed cos my god is gentle.

Have I had a problem making decisions in my life? Give examples.

yes, still can be indecisive thru fear of making a mistake, can delay to avoid the inevitable because of dreads placed within from past experience when the other shoe dropped hard and hurt me severely. but just have to trust god, the results often surprise me and work out better than hoped when I LET GO AND LET GOD.

If I am unable to make this decision, what holds me back?

FEAR of what has not happened and ultimately a lack of faith. time to increase conscious contact with God. time to retreat and focus on my truths and priorities, my goals and on this one day at a time.
OR it isnt time yet, god may suggest i gather more information and feelings on the situation before i race ahead, first things first, i think, then act, i think then talk.

Do I trust my Higher Power to take care of me?

yes, sometimes i forget that im trusting, he never gives me more than i can handle, im capable of more than im aware of!!!

How might Step Three help me keep my hands off situations created by others?

by asking god the blessing of letting go, of detaching with love, of living and letting others live. take on only what is mine too.

What consequences have I had by obsessing on problems and other people?

physical pain, emotional distress, poor sleep, issues with food, addictive feelings and panic for instant quick fix remedies. empty worrying.

When I “Let Go and Let God” take care of my life, am I willing to follow the guidance I receive?

lead me the way lord, through fire and snow, rain and sun, you are here always so what have i to fear?

How can I turn a situation over and let go of the results?
just ask god for help, god helps me when i ask just as i only help others when they ask...its a universal thing about dignity, independent choice and free will. only by giving my free will to god do i actually feel free.

How can I stop myself from taking my will back?
i cant always but if i do i just ask god for help, it always comes.

What can I do when my loved ones make decisions I don’t like?
i cant change them ACCEPT, i can change my reaction and i can stand up for myself. i can clearly state how i feel, regardless of how they react, it matters to me and it matters to god that i express and honour my feelings.

How can I let my loved ones find their own life paths as I am finding mine?
detach with love, ask god for the strength , GO TO MEETINGS! get my butt in the seat and the rest shall follow.

What can I do to try to see others as God sees them?
ask him! look upon htme as an angel would, hope for others to be happy peaceful and successful....focus on my own inner peace and my own inner bliss then everything will be closer to gods view.

How can I express God’s will in my actions and words towards others, including the alcoholic?
through humility strength courage and patience. through live and let live. only help when asked or when an emergency, take on only what is mine to.

I cant, GOD Can, Ill let him.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

bump