Film at 11!!!!! Yet another VENT!

Old 04-25-2005, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Film at 11!!!!! Yet another VENT!

He's too hung over to go to work.

All this drunken nonsense this weekend and now he's called off work.

He stumbled in around 11, the guard called the cops and the cops woke him and ordered him out of his car and told him to go home. He left again just as I was falling asleep, I have no clue what time he came back. Woke this am to this very smelly lump in the middle of the floor.

He got up and went out (still in the same clothes he had been wearing/sleeping in since Friday) and returned about 45 mins later with that glassy eyed look we all know so well.

I work from a home office. I have a HUGE conference call scheduled at noon and right now, Jerry Springer is blaring through the house. I have insisted the television be off during the call and he's said "okay" but...I may have to forward calls to my cell to be able to go outdoors.

I want to slap him into next week. I want to tell him about how he's pissing away this marvelous gift called life really is. I want to cause the scene of scenes. I want a film crew and fireworks and blaring search lights and bells and whistles and sirens and anything that could actually get his attention.

Instead, I'll vent here, take a deep breath, ask my HP to give me peace of mind and go on with the day as normal. And after work? I'm outa here. I'll be walking the beach or reading a book at Starbucks or SOMETHING other than watching an alcoholic get drunk.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGggg!

Thank you, you may now shake your head and resume your normal reading.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Loved your post cus I totally feel the same way. BUT, like you, Ive decided to take a positive action, instead of acting out.

We have choices and you are making really good ones!

Keep on keeping on...you rock!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((((((((Walking))))))))) How awful to have to go through all that! I don't know If I could deal with that. I think that would be crossing the line for me. Have some fun and take some pictures of him and leave them laying around the house. Might not do any good, but maybe make you feel better for a min. Hang in there!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wtl - that you can still show some humor is saying a lot! i think we have all been there - just give us a few moments of fantasy.

just keep chanting - it's not forever, it's not forever, it's not forever!!!!!