AH has gone 5 weeks without alcohol

Old 04-25-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH has gone 5 weeks without alcohol

I'm getting nervous..I'm surprised he made it this long, but I get kind've a knot in my stomach when I go to bed because I'm afraid..He has acted wonderful, like the man I married.....I am scared though..Almost like I'm waiting for impending doom to hit...He's been affectionate, and he has been acting happy...happy like he used to be before he started working with friends and getting involved in the fast life..He has been doing all kind've projects around the house, building a walk-in closet, giving me $ to pay bills, I want this moment to last...His thinking seems clear...(which is strange because I never could get through to him before?)..I will keep praying for him to be in God's hands...
Old 04-25-2005, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Whose hands have your placed yourself in?

I placed myself in God's hand through my recovery in Al-anon.

I need to get sober too,,,family members have the disease,too.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also place myself in God's hands..I certainly won't leave myself out! That's the only way I make it through life is having strong faith in God..Take care!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

end - when we have waited for the other shoe to drop for so long it's like we don't know how NOT to feel that. enjoy each day and don't project into the future (easier said than done)!!!

and of course - let go and let God!

hugs - chris
Old 04-26-2005, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

cw- You are right about how we don't know how to feel...So, weird how I tried for 3 years to make him wake up and see the damage he had caused our marriage and family that we used to have....Nothing would wake him up until I had no other choice left but to file for divorce..I just hope he continues..Good luck to you Chris, as we all deserve happiness..at least finding it within ourselves..
Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trust is earned. Make sure he's truly earned it before you start letting your guard down.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day- I hope both of our husbands realize it is better this way..No fighting, no not speaking, no anger...I read your thread about the friend and I worry all the time about my AH's friends..I'd love them all to lose his #! ha ha Hopefully, your husbands' friend will find a "new" friend..
Beautiful- Trust definitely is earned and its going to take a very long time for him to earn my trust.