this is not good

Old 04-25-2005, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this is not good

i don't know how many people have encountered the issue of the drunk being a "little" bit incestuous. something about how they are attracted to the young kids because of their "powerlessness". this scares the crap out of me becoz i am getting suspicious about his behaviors to our girls. I am beginning to realize that he may be incapable of having an adult sexual relationship that is healthy. but this statement really threw me. It also went on to say that they don't actually do any physical molestation. Just some real subtle games-and then make sure mom finds out about it- putting the child in the middle. some kind of link to emotional incest i am thinking.

does anyone have any insight or more information about this or should i refer it to the expert?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think there is a chapter on this in "Getting them sober". I don't have my copy here with me, but it rings a bell.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that is where i got a good part of my information. it made me sit up reading it becoz this issue is what broke the camel's back when i confronted him and he said he would move out. although i can't find anything concrete about what he "may" be doing, and i am wondering if i am going crazy. but i am pretty sure that he has the disposition to be doing something like this. well, i don't know what it is-or if it is something in my closet that i really don't know about. -but anyway, the emotional thing may be the reality of it. i just need to get more info or perspective or something about this. am i just obsessing? i don't know. he still hasn't moved out yet.