Amazing

Old 04-24-2005, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amazing

One of my girlfriends was in from out of town this weekend and we decided we were going to get together, at the last minute I called another girlfriend that we don't get to see too often because she is pretty busy with her kids, etc. and the three of us went to a local bar last night. Did you know you can actually go to a bar and you don't have to drink excessively, stay till they throw you out at closing, act like an ass or do drugs in the bathroom??? And here is the really amazing part - even though none of use were intoxicated we were there for a little over four hours and we had a great time!!!!!

A truely amazing night - after 2 years with an alcoholic/drug addict I forgot you could actually go to a bar with friends, not get drunk or high and still have fun. What a great reminder last night was!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Benefits, that is so true. When I met my AH I was at the end of my partying days. I don't drink anymore but the couple of times I have been in a bar in the past 10 years, I had a good time and DIDN'T get drunk. Of course now, I could probably drink 1 drink and pass out. The only time I drink now is at a company party and then I only have 1. I don't like the way it makes me feel anymore. It's that control thing rearing it's ugly head I guess.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I vowed to give up all drinking to help my ex not get any temptation to drink again. But now she's gone, I said **** that and I'm going to live normal like before again.

Last night, went to a bar / restuarant with my agent who is a good friend, we had several glasses of really good wine she introduced me to, none of us drunk, both buzzed (at least I certainly was) and had a very meaningful talk about both our relationships, and she even shared with me what she saw from her Father being an alcoholic, and another friend who committed to an alcoholic who is now in a normal relationship, and sometimes is so blown away by how giving the other person is she keeps asking if this is suppose to be NORMAL.

It was great though, I look forward to enjoying restaurants and bars without necessarily throwing up.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is nice if you can enjoy a night out with friends.

I've really gotten into wine the last 3-4 years, and would loathe someone ruining that for me, but in the end...it is up to me if I let them.

-pedagogue