Well, I'm glad I've just had a break....

Old 04-21-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I'm glad I've just had a break....

Came back to find the sh*t has hit the fan.

My ex A who is currently my business partner has been trying to pull a fast one on me, workwise. Of course, seeing as he is not in recovery, he is denying it all and laying it all at my feet. It really is laughable. I can't say too much about it because I'm sure he monitors my posts, but I sure am glad that I've got enough recovery under my belt not to let this get to me.

The most bizarre thing is that he still maintains that he wants us to get back together. This is despite the fact that I know that he has his new g/f staying at his house this weekend. With her young daughter. How I am resisting the temptation to let her know the score, I really don't know. But resist, I will.

I'm not sure I am dealing with an A or a true sociopath here. Anyway, labels don't matter. What is important is that this is my life and I am seizing it by the scruff of the neck. What he does is up to him.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I am dealing with an A or a true sociopath here.
I've found mine is a bit of both!...
What is important is that this is my life and I am seizing it by the scruff of the neck. What he does is up to him.
Good for you! Your positive posts are such an inspiration..I'm hopeful that someday I will reach where you are & beyond!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hang tough. You've come too far.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the above.....You have come too far. Stay strong! Resist, resist, resist.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

They are stubborn ones huh? I am so happy about your ability to not ramble to the new girl...very very good!

You are awesome, keep up the good work. When I grow up, I wanna be like Minnie
Old 04-22-2005, 01:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

It all seems so easy when I write it down! I'm doing OK and not going into a panic. I know that this probably means the end of our business relationship, however I am determined to see it as an opportunity. I felt like I had a pair of golden handcuffs on as we have been making very decent money. But who wants to be in a partnership with someone who you can't trust? Especially when you have already terminated the personal relationship because of that very issue.

The ironic thing is that we had a conversation about the fact that I had difficulty trusting him and, of course, he told me to give him a break. No sooner had I put the phone down and dialed up to the net, than an e-mail came through that blew all of that out of the water. My HP has a wonderful sense of timing.

One hour at a time today, I think. And a massage. And maybe I'll get my hair done. And in another wonderful piece of timing, my best buddy has an unexpected day off work.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And in another wonderful piece of timing, my best buddy has an unexpected day off work.
Now that's TIMING!!! I love random days I didn't expect!

It sounds awful Minnie, I wouldn't want to be in business with someone I didn't trust.

You made decent money and you can make it again, but maybe this time around you won't have to share it.