Feeling sad - lost a dear pet

Old 04-20-2005, 07:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

((((CWOHIO))))

I'm so sorry. Years ago, long before Toby, I had to put my 20 year old Persian cat Smoky down, and I cried for days. I don't even want to think about when Toby goes. Jimmy Stewart's poem just brought me to tears.

But for all the tears and heartache when they leave us...it's worth evey one because of all the love and joy they gave us while they were here.

Hugs
Ann and Toby
Old 04-20-2005, 09:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh, my dear CW; what a lovely page you've directed us to; about the rainbow bridge. I lost my beloved "Kita" (feline friend of 10 years ) not long ago & I still feel the PAIN, quite sharp & strong at times. What a lovely gift you have shared with us and I DO thank you most sincerely. When we allow ourselves to feel deeply, the gift is two-fold. For if I permit myself to love without reservation, the consequence is that I will open my heart to feel pain without reservation also. Yet having lived long years in a
"safe yet meaningless fashion" I can say without any reservation that love and joy and all of the good stuff is worth whatever sorrow, pain & loss come with it. You can't
have day without night, nor cold without hot, yin without yang .... these opposites have been the most difficult BUT the most important lessons for this simple minded alcoholic to understand in recovery. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt feelings with us all. Sincerely, Barbara
Old 04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

I'm so sorry.. She was lucky to have found you! ((((HUGS))))

I know how you feel, I lost one of my guinea pigs last summer and I grieved for the longest time. The really touch our hearts in a way they could never imagine..
Old 04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((CHRIS)))
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope another lucky cat will come your way to have such a loving mom take it into her home and spoil it rotten.
I'm not really a cat person, but your baby is your baby, feline or canine.
The first dog we had was a chow bought her as a puppy, she was my first baby, she was so spoiled. She was such a lover, when my kids were 2 and 1 they tried to ride her pulled her tail, threw grass and sand all over her and she loved them despite it all.
She hated cats, she would chase them every chance she got, she went after one and never came back. My husband went to look for her, and he found her, on the railroad tracks by our house, she had been hit by a train. This is still so sad for me and it has been 10 years.
We just adopted another chow and I think it's her reincarnated.lol
They even have name that are simalar the first one was Soni and now we have Suki.
Anyway just know that she is in a better place and I believe you will see her again.
mindi
Old 04-21-2005, 04:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

wtl - thank you for sharing that lovely poem by jimmy stewart - what a tear jerker.

minnie - i hope your trip was wonderful! i'm sure you are right when you say that part of butch is still alive and well and living in mia. hope you get your kitty back home with you soon.

dax - thanks for the thoughts!

hadlbrain - at least you were there for your friend in their time of loss. yes - lucky has crossed the bridge and is now curled up with my other cat - max - who was 19 years when i had to let him go 1 1/2 years ago. they were best buddies and always curled up and played together

newbeginings - sorry to hear about your loss. i do have many good memories that will last a lifetime!

kathy - thanks for the many hugs

wray - thanks for your thoughts.

aquiana - i am so sorry about your family dog's passing. the rainbow bridge poem is one of my favorites.

fdm - thanks for the pet's prayer - very appropriate and much appreciated.

ann & toby - thank you for your kind thoughts. i hope toby has a long and happy life with you.

barbw141fl - i am sorry about kita. you are right - in order that we may feel joy, so must we feel sorrow. it hurts but i know that i can feel this pain and get past it. i love the "rainbow bridge" - it puts me in a better frame of mind when i read it.

mindi - that had to be a terrible thing for you and your family to have found your dog like that. at least i was able to visit with my lucky and say goodbye before she went.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

day - thank you for your kind words. they truly do become our children and a part of the family!
Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Chris...just catching your post now...I am sorry to hear about your loss as well. I have a cat that I have had since my boys were 2 and 4 (they are now 14 and 16) he is having problems too and I have considered putting him to rest too. It is a hard choice to make.
Love, Patty
Old 04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

patty - thanks and yes the decision is hard, but if they will not have a quality of life (and it sounded like even if i got mine thru this that there would be further problems and she probably wouldn't have lasted long anyway) then it's not fair to keep them around for them to suffer. when i saw how she looked it helped me make my decision altho still hard!