Wake Up Call

Old 04-19-2005, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wake Up Call

Hi everyone. I just discovered in the last two or three weeks that I have a problem and that it is not me dad causing me to be miserable. I have depression and anxiet and I am on medicine. Today was a great day for me and i don't remember having a day like this in about four years I am sorry to say. I finally realized I have a problem to and it was hard hearing it first from my alcohloic dad. I went to dr and he said yes I do. My dad said something very good even though at the time I got really mad and left for four days. After I told people that are close to me that I have depression they said they were not surprised and that hurt me because why did not someone say something sooner to me. It was hard for me to see my problem because I thought it was my dad was the problem he has a problem but that is not my problem mine is depression. I am working on it and things today were good and my Al-Anon meeting was great tonight is was detachment and that is what I needed tonight.
Love,
Shana
Old 04-19-2005, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

(((Shana)))

It was a while after I began going to Al Anon that I discovered that I was depressed. I was also having some physical symptoms from the stress I had been enduring.

This, like many other things are not uncommon...in other words, once again you are not alone.

How important is it how you discovered it? I am just glad that you did.

((Hugs))
JT
Old 04-19-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiya Shana,
You know what?
You are doing just fine.
Sometimes figuring out where we are and why we're there is the first big step.
Doesn't matter how, or who, or why, or where.
Just that you know.
Then you're off to the next good place.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys that helps a lot. Things are goiung great today too. It just feels go to actually be happy I forgot what it felt like.
Love,
Shana
Old 04-20-2005, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Shana)))))

Glad to hear that you have found out more about yourself. Sometimes we do get mad when someone else hits the nail on the head for us. For me the madder I feel the more I know I have a problem....

Take good care my yound friend....
Old 04-20-2005, 05:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know what I think stands out in your post?

The fact that although you were mad at your Dad for suggesting it you still reflected on it and got it checked out.

I had a bout of depression last year and it was horrible but it did pass. I think I came out the other end stronger because I'm much quicker to seek help now and luckily it hasn't come back.

I think your getting the happiness you deserve - you're a fine example to the people around you!!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((shana)) - i am so glad you were able to get this diagnosed and are being treated. it will probably make a workd of difference. you were going gung ho in your recovery before this - i can't even imagine what you'll do now that you are feeling so chipper!!!!

higs - chris
Old 04-20-2005, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone I do think that I will be able to do more in my recovery now and I am working the program. I am just glad that I am feeling better. For me to be able to sit at my meeting lastnight with 25 people and share with everyone and not feel like throwing up or wanting to hide was great and I have never felt like that before. I think now I will be able to grow much more. Got to go do my homework 25 more days till I graduate from high school YEH
Thanks for all the support.
Love,
Shana
Old 04-20-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well then, we have a graduation party in our forecast.
I'll bring the cheesecake.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Gabe Yes I am having a party. June 4. I can't wait til then I know that on graduation day that everyone at SR will be cheer me on and clapping for me. I will be proud of me and that is the greatest gift right now to myself that i am proud of myself. I have went against the odds and made it and will be heading off to Ashland University in the fall. I am waiting for one more dream to come true and i will not know til Tuesday April 26 Which is if I am on National Honor Society. I can't wait to find out. Wish me good luck I will let everyone know if I got it or not.
Love,
Shana Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow
Old 04-20-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Shana....Onward and upward...for me, knowing was half the battle.

(((())))
Old 04-20-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Shana, best of luck.
I'm rooting for you.