Question re: 15 year-old daughter

Old 04-16-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question re: 15 year-old daughter

I am fairly new to this site and am just beginning to learn how to get around it. It has been a tremendous help to me and want to know if it is appropriate for my daughter to join this same forum? Are there any other sites or forums specifically for teenage children? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

The best thing for her is to attend alateen meetings so she can be with kids her general age and with whom she can relate. There is a site: www.al-anon.alateen.org
that she can check out. I don't know if they have forums, but it would be a start for her.

How are you doing? And have you found any meetings?
Old 04-16-2005, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is a soberteen.com website coming soon according to Chy's signature line...
Old 04-16-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

I've been researching teen websites for months now. Thus the reason I want to start one that I as a mother would feel comfortable in allowing my child to participate on. There are a few active sites out there but none of which I would be comfortable in allowing my 14 year old son to participate on, as many of them have "Sex" forums. I'm not a prude and I think kids should be able to discuss these issues, but the ones I've seen are to graphic, distasteful, and not what I want my son seeing. The recovery forums are good, but we know that kids' will not be able to restrain themselves from viewing the other one.

If your looking for something because you want her to have a means of support for a family member with addictions I suggest live support through alateen. SoberTeen will be up and running in early summer so hang in there, I hope all the moms here will visit and see for themselves that you can have a healthy recovery board for teens with addictions or dealing with a family member with addictions, it's my goal anyway.

As for this site, the teens here don't usually stay long and find what they need as it's more of an adult community. If there is anything I can help with please let me know, I'll see what else I can find for you.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chy.. I think it's a great idea! I'll be sure to mention it to my sons when it's up & running...