SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Here Kitty Kitty Kitty... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/5520-here-kitty-kitty-kitty.html)

JT 09-03-2002 05:01 AM

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty...

Where have you been? Everything okay? We miss you!

JT

Morning Glory 09-03-2002 08:53 AM

Hey JT,

Kitty went to visit her daughter for the weekend. She said she would be home on Monday, but maybe she had fun and stayed a little longer.

Hugs,
MG

JT 09-03-2002 01:22 PM

Thanks MG...I must have missed that!

JT

Kittycat 09-03-2002 07:07 PM

Hello Everyone!

Hi!!!!
I am back....it was great to see my daughter and get to know the guy I think is going to be by son in law...no ring at the moment..but alot of "we" this and "we" that! It was so relaxing to the point I thought I was ill...I just was so sleepy...stress I guess!
HATED coming home the A and my son had a face off today at the office the A called the ploice...jerk! Don't think my son was doing anything the A just wanted a fight so my very big son could whack him and then he could get him arrested...did not happen! Thank God!
But it was a hellsih day anyway...a zilllion atty calls and the A decided to start to call and ask about getting back together. I was thinking I might be missing him while I was gone...and he had me in tears on the phone today. But as the day went on I justmore )(&&^%$#_ at him. I found my scrap of a diary which I wtrte in like once every blue moon and found on entry in 2000 saying how terrible things were and another about 6 months later and another. Life has not changed in two years. Only thing Iwas that I was softer then hoping things would get better for us. has not happened.
Told the A today as he was snibbling about us....that I dsis not see him make one solid jesture to do ANYTHING about his drinking.
All of this is such %^& I wasa wreck today , my blood pressure was sky high( and I have low pressure) and I could feel the heart palpitations! YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I can see why people throw in the towel and just stay this is very very hard!

Love to you all! Missed you!
Kitty ummmmmmmmmm cat : )))

Ann 09-03-2002 07:48 PM

Welcome back Kitty - I missed you and missed your #@$$! gestures. LOL

Isn't it amazing when we look back in our diaries/journals and read how it was. Mine, like yours, just sounded like one big rerun after another, over and over, until I finally GOT it. When I think I am struggling now, I just read about how bad it was then, and I know I have come a long long way.

Glad you're home.

Rose56 09-04-2002 05:39 AM

Hi Kitty, good to hear from you.

I am glad you had a good time with your daughter. And also glad that your son was strong enough not to buy into what your A was trying to get him to do.

About your high bllod pressure and heart palpitations. I have hyperthyroidism, which causes both high blood pressure and heart palpitations. Perhaps you should see your doctor and have them test for thyroid function. I understand from reading that high stress over long periods can cause hyperthyroidism. So we both are at risk. This is not something to let go as the palpitations can damage your heart and the hyper function can exargerate osteoporosis.

Please hang in there and do what you need to do for yourself. The tough part is not over and you will need to be strong each day. I encourage you to put yourself first, what is best for you each day. You deserve it, you have been putting others first for so long. Take good care, you are in my prayers.

Kittycat 09-04-2002 08:25 AM

Hi Rose...
I do have thyroid problems :( I already take synthroid for it....for years now. It is a problem...thanks for being concerened..
Love Kitty

Rose56 09-04-2002 08:43 AM

Maybe you should have your doctor check your levels, synthroid is for underactive thyroid, perhaps you have swung to overactive. That happened to my sister who also has underactive thyroid, they had to adjust her medicine down.

Don't forget to just keep breathing.

margo 09-04-2002 11:27 AM

Hi Kitty(cat) - Rose is right. You should probably get your thyroid function checked as sometimes your medication dose needs to be adjusted. After all you have been through (still going through) it might not be a bad idea to get a top to toe check up with a full physical. Yeah, I know. I can come up with a thousand excuses when it comes to putting off a physical, but think about it anyway.

I'm glad to hear you had a good time with your daughter. You deserved to get away for a while. Problem is, you always have to come home :D

Love and hugs.

Kittycat 09-04-2002 03:13 PM

Thnks guys you are all so sweet to think of my health. I always go every fall for a complete physical....I HATE it...but I do it! I have had my synthroid lowered once..........I am due soon to go.
: )
Love Kitty

JT 09-04-2002 05:54 PM

Kitty...

I missed you! I am glad you had a great time with your daughter and sorry about the homecoming!

Hugs,
JT

Kittycat 09-04-2002 08:22 PM

:) I missed you too JT! I did enjoy the time out......glad to be back chatting on the board!
Love Kitty:kitty: