Geez.. what went on while I was sleeping?

Old 03-30-2005, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Geez.. what went on while I was sleeping?

AH worked the night shift yesterday, he doesnt get home until around 2am.. I woke up this morning & noticed that one of the larger throw rugs in front of my cabinets was gone, the garbage can was overflowing with an empty Jim Beam bottle on top... I knew it had been about 3/4 full (not because I check but because he stores it in the corner of our counter top = hard to miss!) he never drinks THAT much so it struck me a bit odd. I turned to let the dogs out & noticed that the shelf where I store all the 'party liquor' was empty... he'd thrown out ALL of the booze in the house. He's a one liquor kind of guy too, strictly Jim Beam - so I'm not quite sure why he had to throw out the booze I use when I host my Longaberger & Tastefully Simple open houses (yes I'm a consultant for both companies) - that stuff costs alot of $!

I'm not saying a thing to him... it's his day off so I'll know by the time I get home from work tonite if he's going to drink or not.. Usually before he attempts sobreity he makes a big proclamation, plans it days or weeks in advance.. not a hint this time.

Woah - there goes that rollercoaster again! Please send some good vibes MY way... I must be strong, not get my hopes up & my codie behaviors flyin' like I always do !

Christine
Old 03-30-2005, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck drgnfly- i don't know if you ever saw Nemo- but when the starfish is yelling -find your happy place, find your happy place, i began to use that as my mantra- anything to keep them from taking my serenity. it helps me.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks Escape - I'll have to pull out my kids Nemo DVD tonite!!

Day - Still not sure what happened to the rug... I didn't check the laundry or the outside garbage... Yes, it is very typical of him to ceremoniously dispose of the liquor before an attempt at sobriety... The party booze is definately gone, it was the cause of the overflowing garbage can...

Next time I buy some it'll be hidden away...

Christine
Old 03-30-2005, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

christine - good luck. at least you can look forward to this in a positive way. when mine quits - it's ER time!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe he spilled on the rug and just tossed it????

I hope everything goes well tonight! Let us know what happens.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drgnfly30
Usually before he attempts sobreity he makes a big proclamation, plans it days or weeks in advance.. not a hint this time.

Mine usually does too. Except when he found my posts. I think they DON'T make a big anouncement when they aren't sure if they can go through with it!