Where my strength exists...

Old 08-31-2002, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Where my strength exists...

Hi,
I am feeling very "sentimental" tonight, and what better place to share than here with all of you. I want to begin by expressing my thanks to you all. I come here late at night, while the kids are a slumber and the house is quiet. I tally up my thoughts and feelings for the day, and unload them on you. Some days are great, some days are... well.... NOT! But no matter what, I can take refuge in this forum, and release the tension. I think the toughest part is having to wait for the feedback ! I am truly seeing amazing changes in my life today, thanks to MYSELf, the 12 steps, and all of YOU. Thank you for renewing my faith, and renewing my strength.
I have mentioned before about my daughter Lauren Hope. I have to tell you that the root of all my courage and strength lies within the gift of her love. She was one of those amazing souls that you hear of - the ones that touched hearts and changed lives. The true miracle however is in the gifts she left behind for us. She continues to remind me how precious life is, how joyous the simple moments are, and how time is wasted when spent in anger or misery. The legacy of her courageous life will forever provide me strength... Thank you Lauren,
And thanx for allowing me this post!
Meg
Old 08-31-2002, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

"Gone From My Sight"

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

Author unknown

Last edited by Morning Glory; 09-01-2002 at 12:02 AM.

Old 09-01-2002, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Meg

How blessed you are to recognize the "gift" of this child, even though she was with you for such a short time. This beautiful little girl has left you a legacy greater than all the wealth in the world.

Your sharing has really touched my heart.