The show Intervention

Old 03-28-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The show Intervention

I have been watching this show each week and feeling pain and hope but last night the young man on the show had the same addictions as my husband, the drugs and the sex, he used methods to find partners the same way my husband has, the thing that shocked me was the fact he openly said he has had at least 500 sex partners, he is only 24, my AH has had this problem for 29 years I was so overwhelmed, I guess I have always put that in a place that I didnt have to face the facts. This man comes home to me. I have only ever had two sex partners by choice and yet when I face facts I really have had thousands of people in my bed indirectly. Am I making sense here, I am hurting and overwhelmed. My husband is already HIV positive what more am I going to stick around for! Why do I still love him , am I the pathetic one?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no addictwwife - i feel for you. i can't seem to do the right thin for me either. and it's killing me!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

what more am I going to stick around for
Oh I feel that way too...sounds like you are maybe more stressed out than I am though. I am learning that we all leave when we have had enough...some can take more than others...I hope for you that you don't have to hurt anymore
Old 03-28-2005, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful For His Love...

I also have been watching program intervention...meth is killing many,sex is part of drugs lure. So many children being affected,neglect and abuse. As a society we must intervene for the children. Recently a crack mom left her infant screaming in the car, she was passed out on the steering wheel with the pipe in her hand. Choose life for yourself, love yourself enough to take care of yourself. My experience is that even if you lay your life down for the addict, that is not helping them. Why do you love him more than yourself. Being a martyr for the sake of love helps no-one. I think we need intervention for the co-dependents. We all have to make choices, and we all pay the consequences of those choices.The 12 steps helped me...counseling, and deciding to love and care for myself and others in a healthy way brought me out of total despair. hope is available...choose life!