LOST IT ALL AND STILL CAN"T TAKE BLAME!!!

Old 03-27-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

LOST IT ALL AND STILL CAN"T TAKE BLAME!!!

I am at my witts end!!! My AH has lost it all- I have a restraining order against him- which keeps him from our 2 kids- 2 and 4 y/o. He lost his job as well. He STILL blames everyone but himself. He was the one who drank and dropped his son on the pavement! Ok that was ranting. Anyway, I'm at the point that we are going to court next week to make the order permanent. Even his lawyer is telling him that he really messed up and needs to take responsibility. But NO!!! He says that all we need is marriage counseling. I am so tired of him telling me that I am crazy and need help. He is the one who is a bi-polar alcoholic! So he thinks that all we need to do is sit down at a Starbucks and talk things out. We have been together for 10 years! 10 years of fighting over his drinking and horrible attitude. I am just having a hard time with this because he just doesn't get it! How hard would it be for him to take responsibility. Go to AA meetings, get counseling, take his meds- but NO- he says "why should I been medicated and a zombie to be with my wife?" Doesn't he see that it is NOT for me but him? Maybe then he could keep a job!!!
Anyway, this has been the hardest time in my life. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and was hospitalized for 5 days last week with a stomach infection. My family has been SO good and they will do anything for me, thank god! I just know that if he were still here he would have been no good when I was sick anyway- the whole world revolves around him! I can honestly say that I am better without him than with- he just can't give me what I want or need- I just wish he could be healthy for himself and our children.
Sorry for this mess of a post I just needed to get some things out!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

No need to say you are sorry for posts filled with truth.

Took my brother 6 years behind bars before he started to fake a sober way of thinking. Don't try to understand why or how. Just keep doing what you need do for you and the babies.
When he is ready, he will look for answers.
Your the important one right now. Take care of you.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((gabigoo))))

I am so sorry for your pain....I know you must be so worried.

I hope that you will get yourself(if you haven't already) to naranon or alanon meetings so you can get as much support and recovery as you need to be able to move forward. You have 2 young children and one on the way that need a whole parent.I am very glad that you have family around you.

At this time you probably are better off without him. Maybe something will happen to help him see that he is missing out on so much with his kids. Keeping coming here too and venting and listening to others too it helps....