He LOOKS bad!!!

Old 03-19-2005, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He LOOKS bad!!!

My AH is really starting to look bad. His face is all splotchy red, and the sides of his cheaks are a bit yellowy. If he drinks a lot more then usual, the bags he always has under his eyes are even puffier, and he smells REALLY bad. This morning he came into the bathroom when he got up and I just about gagged at the smell!!!! I'm wondering if his kidneys are starting to go.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yellow in the cheeks - sounds odd to me. You might want to suggest he call a doctor.

(((())))
Old 03-19-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

yellow tint in the face or eyes could be an indication of jaundice. Liver is acting up. It needs to be taken care of immediately. This isn't good. My father-in-law was jaundiced once and he had an awful odor.

Try and get him to a doctor or ER.

Blessings
Old 03-19-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Doug

Originally Posted by cupowater
My AH is really starting to look bad. His face is all splotchy red, and the sides of his cheaks are a bit yellowy. If he drinks a lot more then usual, the bags he always has under his eyes are even puffier, and he smells REALLY bad. This morning he came into the bathroom when he got up and I just about gagged at the smell!!!! I'm wondering if his kidneys are starting to go.
Kidneys and/or liver. (I'm not a doctor) but one should be found. Soon.

Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

prayers going up for you and him.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My AH is the same. In the four years we have been together he has wasted away to nothing.His chest is sunken, his legs are nothing but skin and bone. He has almost no muscle tissue left on his body. His face is blotchy red on top of the many broken blood vessels that cover his face. Yellow has started to creep into his complexion. If he bumps into the railing, he will have a bruise the size of a grapefruit the next day. He is constantly covered in these atrocious bruises that look as if he has had endured a severe beating; the colors they turn are awful. He won't let me see him naked anymore because of how bad things have gotten, and I can't hide my disgust. It's obvious he needs to see a doctor, but he refuses to give up drinking long enough to do it and knows they will tell him he needs to quit drinking. There is not a chance in Hell he will do that. Not for me, not for his new daughter, not for himself. He is 37 years old and everyone I know keeps telling me that he will be dead in five years. And the sad part? I don't care anymore.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

cup - sounds bad. mine does not have yellow colring but is like canada1's - lost weight, bruises eaasily, etc. it kills us to see the physical aspects of the disease taking over and they choose to ignore it!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree. What puzzles me is the yellow in his cheeks. He has had that for a long time now. I'm not sure if it is his natural coloring or not. And why just his cheeks. His eyes aren't yellow...yet. He HAD a doctors apointment last month, but missed it because he "forgot" that I had told him they called and changed his apointment! You know, the memory thing! Thats getting worse too.