I let my chain get jerked

Old 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I let my chain get jerked

I don't drive a nice car and I have more debt than I need. My sister, on the other hand, drives a nice car and has no money problems. I have no problem with this. I am working my way out of debt and not buying anything new until I am out of debt.

A few days ago, my sister offered to buy me a 2003 Yukon with the understanding that I would pay her back. We looked at the Yukon. Needless to say I fell in love with the vehicle. After a long night of thinking it over, I came to the conclusion that I really couldn't afford it. (tags,taxes,insuance,car payment) I really struggled to get to this decision, but once I did, I was proud of myself and I told my sister no thanks.

The next day, she bought the vehicle for herself. Not only do I have to face the fact that I can't afford this car, Now I have to look at it all the time. I've never had a problem with the fact that she has more things and more money, but this situation knocked me on my ass. I still love my sister, but somehow I feel that I relationship has been permenatly changed and this grieves me.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Wow--it does seem a little like a slap in the face--but you made the right decision
for yourself and you should give yourself a pat on the back and I'm sure your sister
did not mean any harm--she probably did not think about how you would feel--
it sounds like she is used to buying what she wants when she wants so even though
it was somewhat thoughtless on her part I wouldn't stress about it and I'd try to
let it go--It can't harm your relationship unless you let it.--Huggs--Dee

ps--remember you made the right decision for yourself--good for you