A little sweetness...

Old 03-10-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little sweetness...

Don't you love it when all of a sudden they do something that reminds you of why you fell in love with them in the first place. He had to go get my cat from the vet last night. I've had the cat for 2 years and nothing I've done has worked as far as training him not to scratch everything up all the time. He's ruined wallpaper, furniture, even my dad's guitar case that my dad's had mint since before I was born. Arrrgh! So kitty had to get his claws out. It was that or have scratched up furniture and walls for the rest of his life.

I went off there but Abf went to pick him up. He is so sweet to that cat. He carried him around all over the house last night. He snuggled with him all night, rushed over to pick him off the furniture and on to the floor when he was ready. Poor kitty is very sore but abf is treating him like he's made of glass. It's really cute. He was totally at the cat's beck and call all night.

It made me think about why I fell for him in the first place, well one of the reasons anyway. He's so sweet with animals. Nicer than with humans sometimes. He's very gentle and caring with them. He and the cat have always bonded. I do think he'd be a good dad.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YEP!!

With D the one that always makes me smile is when he places a cushion on the floor just to one side every time he lights the fire. The cushion is so that when the dogs sprawl out in front of the fire they have something to rest their heads on!! AND THEY DO - they look so cute and comfy!!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

talking about a little sweetness, how is that baby doing????? I hope you are feeling well.
You probably already have heard this, but I will tell you what I heard anyway.

While pregnant you are not suppose to change kitty litter. Just something to keep in mind.

Did you get a due date???
Old 03-10-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Aquiana

Thanks for sharing the sweetness. Yesterday was my ABFs 28th birthday, and I took him out to dinner. He's been trying to stay sober for a month now, and has relapsed twice. He's in pain when he drinks and for days afterwards - I think he has a bad pancreas (which I have had so I know the symptoms, and pancreatitis typically affects alcoholics). Anyway, he's finally starting to feel better, be cheerful again, better coloring, sleeping and eating better (all without my instruction - imagine that!)... yesterday was the first time I've seen him outside of our AA/Al-anon meetings (same time same Bldg) in about 6 weeks. After dinner, we rented a nice movie and also cuddled with my kitties.

It is SO good to see him like this, and I am SO hopeful that he will keep it up for himself. I'm really proud of him, and looking forward to many more sweet, respectful, lucid and sober moments with him, just experiencing life on life's terms..... :shysmile:
Old 03-10-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

The person we fell in love with does occasionally make an appearance. Too bad it's not a command performance.