Jerinicholas

Old 04-07-2005, 12:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

thanks for that,

always have tried to fly before walking.

today is my birthday and things do seem better. I had a good meeting last night. told my story to the group. remembered a lot I had chosen to forget. finding the group very supportive and managed to laugh. felt much better afterwards.

anyway today the sun is shining
Old 04-07-2005, 12:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :loons
Old 04-07-2005, 05:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

jeri

hope you enjoy your day and do something just for YOU!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks everyone,

I had a lovely day with my sons baking me a cake and everyone generally being jolly.

the sun has come out at last and I feel refreshed, better than I have done for a long time.

just starting the fourth step with the aid of the fourth step book, very scary indeed, struggling to find good things to say but loads of bad stuff!

Anyone else have trouble with the fourth step?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

You bet!

I struggled for a long time trying to "get it right" but since then I have done several 4th steps. For me, I journaled and it seems to take me to the places I needed to go at the time. That was fine with my sponsor and I would share my concerns with her.

Another was a life story which was quite revealing. There were patterns in my life and my behavior that were undeniable and quite separate from the alcoholic. And then I wrote about each of the significant relationships in my life which brought to light more patterns of behavior.

Lists were tough for me. They are subject to the mood of the day and like you I had difficulty finding good things to write about. But that is part of your inventory...an important part.

Writing has been a big part of my recovery. Whenever I find something unacceptable it helps to write about it until I work it through. Writing and also holding it up to the light of other recovering people. My thinking got me into trouble so I have learned to not to always trust it.

Hugs,
JT
Old 04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

THanks for that JT,

we are doing the fourth step all April in my group so I will make a start on version 1, fully realising that this will change as hopefully I do.

thanks j
Old 06-06-2005, 12:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

kind of wierd at the moment,

due to a number of un forseen circumstances I have not made a meeting in a month, feel completely at sea,

am going next wednesday, as I need a calm hour or so to get my head back together.

It amazing that you really notice when you haven]t made time for yourself how the world starts to get crazier. I must confess to really dijointed thinking and all that intails.

anyway onwards...
Old 06-22-2005, 05:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Angry chicken licken

Well the inevitable finally happened.

came home from work to find my wife drunk, abusive and as ususal very angry.

My world again has started to collaspe, I feel shattered and quite franckly want to pack up my children and run away. I don‘t need this in my life any more. (obviuosly I now cannot get rid of it now).

Why should I have to endurethis anymore. I am sure that I would be better off alone with my kids. This will rip their world apart, but I need to be away.

Ifeel very very low..