I love one liners

Old 03-05-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

I love one liners

Yes I do and right now one I am researching is from the Big Book of AA.

"WE ABSOLUTELY INSIST UPON ENJOYING LIFE!" I have a sponsor who is constantly advising me to lighten up and this seems to a one liner I can use daily.

Happiness indeed is an inside job but I have to work at it. It seems I was born with a negative attidude and need to now let it go (again) So I am forcing myself to look for the JOY in each day I am given. I read the comics in the newspaper, I have bought myself a book of jokes which I read until I find one that tickles my fancy. I look out side at my beautiful town and JOY in the beauty of nature. I watch my gold fish in their wee pond. I look daily, really look, and see the brightness of my daffodils. I am watching for the swallows to return to their bird houses in my yard. I have put up my hummingbird feeders. It is my belief that my joy in life is truly found in the little things that brighten my day if I look for them.

Last but not least I remind myself that my H.P. (God as I understand Him) does indeed have a plan for me and this world I live in. All I need do is come to His party, be polite, and be a good guest.

So how about sharing the things you do or can do to really Enjoy life.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a friend who says "I can have fun cooking breakfast."
And he can.
Because he finds joy in the simple things.
He's taught me a lot about that.
And you're right Daff, happiness IS an inside job.
And it's all about the attitude we choose to have.
Me, I find a lot of peace and joy in nature, especially trees.
Music, good books, a fire on a cold evening, hearing my kids laugh are some other things that bring a joyful smile to my face.
Good thread Daff and I LOVE your avatar.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Love that Big Book. I started enjoying life a lot more when I gave up the job as boss of the world. Hugs, Magic
Old 03-05-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those little things I never realized could make me feel so grateful...

Letting go - and I'm letting go by the grace of my H.P. - has allowed me to enjoy living in the moment. I could never do that before because I was constantly living "inside my head" and regretting anything/everything I had done yesterday and living in fear of what catastrophe would strike tomorrow. It is a marvelous thing to enjoy watching a sunrise or listening to the sound of rain hitting the windows. Hey, I'm even beginning to like snow a little bit!!

Life is so short. We can spend it being miserable or we can spend it finding something positive even in what seems to be the most negative of situations.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The one that kept me sane was...

"You can not rationalize with an irrational person"

and NOT just with my alcoholic husband, but with an angry toddler, an insane co-worker and a subborn dog.

That one liner allowed me the space to walk away and work on myself. As rational as I am, as much as I know, as easy as I see the solution...it is impossible to make someone else see that.

Walk away and then let them follow if they wish. (The dog usually did )
Old 03-05-2005, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Spring must be popping around you Daff...not here tho.

The outdoors makes me happy even in the winter. It is hard to stay down when you are surrounded by the beauty of nature. Even in the winter...I drive 40 minutes one way to work and I always take time to appreciate the new snow or the sunrise or the seasons. Sitting outside at the end of the day my backyard faces straight west with fields behind me...sunsets are beautiful. Walking the dog, working in the garden, cooking out...I just love being outside.

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-05-2005, 09:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

High summer down here right now and listening to the cicadas chirupping their little butts off is just wonderful!!

I could do with a bit less of the bloody snoring coming from the direction of the couch tho'.....
Old 03-06-2005, 12:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

bookworm - what's summer again?!
Old 03-06-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Daffodil

Me too. But not the sappy schmoozie ones.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Daff I think you are getting the hang of it!! Let me know when your Purple Martins return please. Try this for a smile "HUGGGGGGGG" Have a great day!
Old 03-06-2005, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
A bad woman can ruin a good man ~ well it can work both ways...