SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   this is just amazing..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/5278-just-amazing.html)

bonbon 08-19-2002 11:52 AM

this is just amazing.....

Well folks, I had an interesting lunch hour.

I go to meet my new friend for lunch. The person who I have been seeing now for about 2 months. I have came to like him, and yes have become intimate with him too. :rolleyes:

OK, well the only things I have seen him do is drink a beer with a meal or a glass of wine with me while watching a movie or something. He talked so badly about drugs, and how he would'nt do them. He also is aware of what the hell I just came out of.

Thats not the half of it~

Ok, so were in a restaurant a little bit ago and he proceeds to ask me if when an employer tests your urine for drugs what all do they test for? I am thinking, ok maybe he is just asking this for the hell of it.

WRONG~~~~~

I say, well I am not exactly sure what they test for-(he works for another large hospital here in the city, has a real good job)

He then tells me that 3 days ago he did some sherm???? Am I even spelling that right??? And this sherm ******** has IMBALMING FLUID IN IT????? And he then casually says he was wondering if the drug test would pick that up? I am sitting there about to choke on my chinese food, just glaring at him.

Folks, I literally did not know what to say. I couldnt finish my lunch, I was ready to go and get back to my office. I barely mustered up the words to tell him, you will just have to see.

I think he knew this had bothered me~ and I am not going to lie, it did bother me. I mean come on, what the hell else out there are people going to think of to do???!@?!@?

I have opened myself up somewhat to this person. I would have never dreamed in a million years he would ever say he had done any of this crap. He is to me sooo different from my x-A.

Geeze, I am still shocked. I am getting out my hammer and nails to re-build that wall around me again. I sware you all I am not going through that **** again.

smoke gets in my eyes 08-19-2002 12:19 PM

Hi Bonbon...
I had to go look it up! A "sherm" is a cigarette that has been dipped in embalming fluid. I suppose that could include any type of cigarette, including marijuana. Back in the days of yore, I had a friend who bought some pot that had been dipped in embalming fluid. It made him terribly ill. In this particular instance it was a scam... the dealer had dipped the pot to give it a better color so he could sell it at a higher price. You'd think it would have raised suspiscions that it was blood red. I'm gonna go read some more.

RUN!
Smoke

bonbon 08-19-2002 12:25 PM

hey smoke~ where are you reading this? this is absolutley insane.

smoke gets in my eyes 08-19-2002 12:32 PM

Here's a good one...

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n1363/a04.html

There are more... use the Updated Search above with the keywords (sherm drug abuse embalming fluid).... also found a good one just using (drug abuse embalming fluid)

YIPES!

Morning Glory 08-19-2002 12:34 PM

Oh Bonbon!

What the hell!

Love and hugs,

MG

Rose56 08-19-2002 12:35 PM

(sigh.....) Bonbon, are there no normal people left? I am sorry and I would have been just as shocked. What is it with this drugged up culture of ours? I agree that this may mean trouble, and I guess now is a good time to find out, before you invest anymore into the relationship. wow, I'm still surprised.

smoke gets in my eyes 08-19-2002 12:36 PM

http://www.ijmt.net/3_3/3_3_16/tsld022.htm

According to the info at that link, the answer is YES... a drug test will pick this up.

bonbon 08-19-2002 12:38 PM

Thanks smoke, here is for interesting reading on pcp~ I found some too...
I am off to check out your link~ thank you

PCP is illicitly marketed under a number of other names including angel dust, supergrass, killer weed, embalming fluid, and rocket fuel that reflect the range of its bizarre and volatile effects. In its pure form, it is a white crystalline powder that readily dissolves in water. However, most PCP on the illicit market contains a number of contaminants as a result of makeshift manufacturing, causing the color to range from tan to brown, and the consistency to range from powder to a gummy mass.

The chemicals needed to manufacture PCP are readily available and inexpensive, and the production process requires little formal chemical knowledge or laboratory equipment. The drug is sold primarily in urban neighborhoods in a limited number of U.S. cities. The liquid form of PCP is actually PCP base dissolved most often in ether, a highly flammable solvent. PCP typically is sprayed onto leafy material such as marijuana, mint, oregano, or parsley, and smoked.

The drug's effects are as varied as its appearance. A moderate amount of PCP often causes users to feel detached, distant, and estranged from their surroundings. Numbness, slurred speech, and loss of coordination may be accompanied by a sense of strength and invulnerability. A blank stare, rapid and involuntary eye movements, and an exaggerated gait are among the more observable effects. Auditory hallucinations, image distortion, severe mood disorders, and amnesia may also occur. In some users, PCP may cause acute anxiety and a feeling of impending doom; in others, paranoia and violent hostility; and in some, it may produce a psychoses indistinguishable from schizophrenia. Many believe PCP to be one of the most dangerous drugs of abuse. Modification of the manufacturing process may yield chemically related analogues capable of producing psychotic effects similar to PCP

bonbon 08-19-2002 12:49 PM

Ok, just found this other article, Smoke you may have read this one...hell I didn't even know about this.

Recreational drug users in the US are using embalming fluid to get a high - even though it is highly dangerous and can make them violent and psychotic.
Research has found that the use of embalming fluid is becoming increasingly popular among young people who are searching for new drug experiences.

This is a violent drug, and it will turn into a big fire if it's not watched very closely

Julie Kirlin
It is thought that the craze has spread from the inner cities into more affluent suburban areas.

Julie Kirlin, a juvenile probation officer in Reading, about 50 miles from Philadelphia, said: "Kids who are smoking pot or crack and are looking for a different type of high are turning to wet.

"This is a violent drug, and it will turn into a big fire if it's not watched very closely."

The most common method is to dip a tobacco or marijuana cigarette in the embalming fluid, then dry it before smoking it.

"Wet"

The cigarettes are sold for about $20 a piece. They are known by a variety of names, including "wet", "fry" and "illy".

Embalming fluid is mixture of the preservative formaldehyde, methanol, ethanol and other solvents.

Formaldehyde can be bought in chemists, and is an ingredient of nail care products. It is also widely used in science labs.

There have been reports of the fluid being stolen from funeral parlours in Louisiana and New York.

The samples from the street that have been analysed have also been found to contain PCP, an anaesthetic that was dropped by hospitals after it was found to induce hallucinations. It is this component that is probably responsible for the users' high.

Scientists from the Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse interviewed 20 users from the Houston area.

Hallucinations

They reported that the effects of embalming fluid included visual and auditory hallucinations, euphoria, a feeling of invincibility and increased pain tolerance. The high lasts from six hours to three days.

However, the drug also produced feeling of anger, forgetfulness and paranoia.

Last year a 14-year-old boy from Philadelphia fatally stabbed a neighbour more than 70 times after smoking wet.

Stranger symptoms reported include an overwhelming desire to undress and a strong dislike of meat.

Other symptoms may include coma, seizures, kidney failure and stroke.

Dr Julie Holland, of New York University School of Medicine, said: "The idea of embalming fluid appeals to people's morbid curiosity about death.

"There's a certain gothic appeal to it

JT 08-19-2002 12:55 PM

Yipes is right!!

How in the world are we suppose to keep up with this garbage!

Amazing....amazing!!!

JT

Josie 08-19-2002 12:56 PM

Bonbon,
When I was a youngster I knew a guy who
used PCP. The cops were chasing him
one night through the river, as he was
running he set the river on fire, and
had a shootout with the cops. He could
pick up a huge console TV by the bottom
leg with one hand, that's how strong the
drug made him. I had to ask my son what
"sherm" was-forgot all about this drug.
You may wind up like me and M.G., who
needs all this ##$$%%!
All drugs are dangerous, but this one
just boggles my mind.

Hugs›

Lonely Dancer 08-19-2002 01:45 PM

Hi All... I've been lurking the past couple months and hate being away from you on weekends. Sometimes I don't know how I'll make it till I get back and listen to your words of wisdom.

Your stories are all so familiar. I could have written many of them myself.

Bonbon (I think)... I've never done this before so I'm sure I'll make some mistakes! :-) I think this is what my first husband gave me when I was 19 and very ignorant. What a horrible thing to do to a naive girl.

I just had another bad weekend with my A and have come to the conculsion that I must just move into my own place and be alone. After all, I've been with one after another alchoholic and/or drug addict all my life, and being with them, I've been more alone than I ever could be by myself... does that make sense ?

Anyway... thought I should finally make my self known and stop this lurking. I feel like I know most of you already, you are a wonderful group and I have already learned so much from you all. Thanks for being here for me to find you.

Debbie

Morning Glory 08-19-2002 02:46 PM

Welcome Debbie!

Now it's our turn to get to know you. Please keep posting.

Hugs,

MG

Ann 08-19-2002 05:22 PM

http://www.utemountaineer.com/images..._xa-pro_lg.jpg

Here's your shoes, Bonbon....NOW RUN!!!!!!

Who cares what he is using...HE IS USING!!!!

Pheww...now that I got that out of my system, I know that you know what we're all saying here.

The drug information is educational and it doesn't hurt any of us to stay well informed on the various drugs being used, but that is not the point here.

I am so sorry that you are probably already emotionally involved, but please muster up every ounce of recovery energy you can find and get away from this man. 'HANDS OFF THE ADDICT...BACK UP AND STEP BACK".... and RUN!!!!!

You know I love you Bonbon, so please don't be offended by my outburst.

****{Bonbon}}}

nana05 08-19-2002 08:56 PM

RUN, RUN, RUN.. AS FAST AS YOU CAN.. of course that is easier said than done.. i know.. but try..
will be thinking of you..

bonbon 08-20-2002 06:52 AM

Thanks you all for the support~ I didn't answer my phone last night when he called, he caught me this morning though calling me at my office, I told him that yes I would meet him for lunch to talk. (today is his birthday)

I plan on just plain out telling him I am not interested in being with anyone who uses, and that we need to cool it. I thought about this alot last night, I kept telling myself~ If I continue with him, I will wind up how I was back at the start of this year, and emotional mess, wanting to die, full of pain, not caring about **** and barely making it through the day. I NEVER want to feel like that again, I don't want to be back in that place ever in my life. That was a scary and dark time for me. Ogly used to tell me all the time hindsight is always 20/20. I am blessed with that now.
Truly, Truly, Blessed.

Love you all.

Kitty 08-20-2002 08:58 PM

BobbonGIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL,
DO NOT GO THERE....you have worked toooooooooooooooooo hard to get into that again! All men have a __________ attached find another one...........you don't need this @#$%&*(
Love Kitty

Ann 08-20-2002 09:02 PM

LMAO - Oh Kitty...you make me laugh so hard.

I knew a more appropriate reply would have been tell him #@$$!%^& and tell him I said so.

****{Kitty}}} ****{Bonbon}}}

Love you guys.