SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Difficult time. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/52582-difficult-time.html)

equus 03-03-2005 06:35 AM

Difficult time.

I feel a bit ambarassed after losing it on a thread I started here. Real life events meant that I ended up in a place where I couldn't deal with it rationally.

I hate the drama queen thing - I wanted to come back so here I am, warts an' all!

minnie 03-03-2005 06:38 AM

Welcome back!

I'm glad you're here - we can compare (metaphorical) warts.

Love

Minnie
xxx

queenofthehwy 03-03-2005 06:42 AM

I must have missed the drama queen incident. Anyway glad your back!!!

Mindi

equus 03-03-2005 06:42 AM

Thanks Minnie! And Queenofthewhy!

Not being here for three days or a week because I'm busy feels totally different from one day because I'm crap!!

I had a lonely evening when I really missed this place, just being a coward rather than opening posts!!

minnie 03-03-2005 06:44 AM

Yeah, I miss it when I'm not around. I am moving next week and will be without broadband till May. What am I going to do?! I can't block the phone all day on dial-up - i need the phone for work.

cwohio 03-03-2005 06:54 AM

equus - we're glad you are back - hope you are feeling better today! we would miss your input!

minnie - what are WE going to do if you don't post much - yikes!

Magichappens 03-03-2005 07:14 AM

((((equus))))
You know how I feel about you. I love you warts and all! Hugs, Magic

equus 03-03-2005 07:41 AM

Thanks - it means a lot.

I'm 34, I've seen things through life that shocked me. I work for Social Services (children's rights not a social worker) where I've seen things that have made me angry. Sometimes in work and out I've got too wrapped in an argument to remember where my heart still lay, sometimes I've been the peacemaker to other people's anger.

I've seen mobs of protesters standing outside children's homes - protesting at the presence of the home while I've been inside watching and unable to stop what the protesters are doing to the kids hearts. Did they think those children didn't already know they were considered worthless? Well - hey, just in case a part of them thought they might be wanted - lets paint plackards saying we want them out.

Until yesterday I thought I'd felt the depths of anger, until yesterday I still couldn't understand how someone can murder. I don't want to say why but it wasn't about SR or alcohol, but yesterday I could have easily been the one to hit (if that had been possible) and I don't think I could have stopped. I never intended that emotion to spill over here or anywhere else, I didn't want anyone else to get hurt by it and didn't intend to let that happen. I've never felt rage like that and I'm sure that experiencing it has something to teach me. I still feel angry but I don't want to give into that depth of emotion again.

It did spill over here and whether people were hurt or not my behaviour is my responsibility and I didn't act in a way I believe is fair or right. Each person has their own heart and their own morals, I'm not saying mine are any better than anyone elses but it's mine that I have to live by. The bottom line is that I am sorry and relieved to be welcomed back.

JessicaNAJ 03-03-2005 07:46 AM

Welcome back Equus!!

(((Equus)))

bahookie 03-03-2005 07:48 AM

Hiya! (I said that in my best Galsgwegian accent)

Glad to see you back.
We've all got warts and I bet some of mine are bigger than yours.

I look forward to reading your posts, thanks for coming back to us.

Love and hugs
Jane
xxxx

bahookie 03-03-2005 07:50 AM

Glaswegian even

Aquiana 03-03-2005 07:53 AM

Welcome back! I think everyone after a time is entitled to a "blow off". Unfortunately they often come at the worst time and are often directed at the wrong people. All a person can do then is apologize and hope people come around. I'm sure most people understand. I'm sure most people have been there. Glad you came back.

sdp 03-03-2005 08:06 AM

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Equus-
Pretty much EVERYONE here has blown something up (except me, of course :rolleyes: )

I join in in saying I'm glad you're still here...