offended or attacked?

Old 03-03-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I owe an apology too.

The response I gave you yesterday was amplified and out of proportion to any offence you might have caused. You would be right to assume it came from personal events rather than what was said.

I try very hard to take responsibility and part of that is to be aware of the effects of what I say. That's what I feel most sorry for yesterday, whether it's their failing or not I know people are likely to feel some hurt and rejection when they find themselves at the end of another's anger. I know it can be rationialised and I know we can all work on not allowing anothers anger to hurt us BUT I don't know where anyone else is with that. For me that means to say what I feel but without the anger - just to say it.

We all come here as whole individuals - with experiences and feelings that extend well beyond illness and health, not every issue that causes confusion is denial, the feeling of defensiveness (to want to defend) isn't always a sign of sickness. We all have normal emotions too, ill and 'well' alike can feel negative emotions and positive ones.

I think all any of us can do is our best to listen and try.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Splendra,

More than one of your posts has given me the honesty and insight I needed to keep moving forward, to figure things out, and to look at myself in a truer light. I hope you don't change a thing about your posting habits - they are precious, priceless, and what we all need above anything else - HONEST.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Dear Splendra,

OMG, did I miss something? I've seen nothing posted by you offensive. I've seen the number of times you've posted and consider that a tally of wisdom and experience. If I've had diarrhea of the mouth and offended you, I humbly ask your forgiveness.

I personally wish to be told what I don't see. Makes me think. I consider criticism to be constructive. If done maliciously then it's to be ignored. We're all here for the same reasons...none are any better. We voice our minds thoughts and our hearts feelings and sometimes, they conflict. Well, they do for me on occasion. I go into protective mode.

You're a wise person. I enjoy your posts and resposes.

Blessings,
Old 03-04-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

hey Ya'll

(((((((BIG HUGS)))))) to you alll!!! First anyone who thinks I have been offended let me put you mind at ease... I am a pretty crusty ole girl and it would take a lot to offend me...But, truely truely I HOPE someone can offend me and show me what I need to work on....

I know I can't control anyone elses thoughts or what they might think when I say something. And ya'll can't control me either

I do love everyone here and I truely hope all of you know that if I say something and you get offended that I hope you would not shoot the messenger me or anyone else. And if it appears that I am attacking that someone would have the guts to say hey splen you are getting on the mean side.

There is a difference between someone being offended or attacked and I hope we can all look at that when reply to someones post.

All appologies are accepted!!
Old 03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Really respect your openness and honesty. You're a gem.