Taking my AH to rehab center on Sat

Old 03-01-2005, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking my AH to rehab center on Sat

Well, here it is...finally. I am driving my AH to the closest rehab hospital on Saturday. He wants to go, and is ready. This is a good thing, but I am definately scared. He will be out of work for the time he is there...which will be over a month. So, no money from him coming in. I get to pack up me and my two kids and move in with my parents while he is there, cuz we can't survive here without his check.

He in the mean time is at a friends house getting drunk night and day until Saturday, so I am going to see if I can get him there sooner. I am mad at him for that. It is like he decided since he is going to treatment he is just going to sit and get drunk until it happens.

The town that the rehab is in is the same town my parents live in,so that is good. I don't have two nickels to rub together, so this whole experience is going to be so hard, but I am willing to take. I have finally told friends and coworkers what is going on. To think I have hidden this for three years is amazing. I cannot tell you what a relief it has been to get it out there.

I am not one to wear my heart on my sleeve, so letting everyone is rough as well. I am kind of sick to my stomache and hope I am doing the right thing. This is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I shall pray

that this goes well for your family.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prayers to you and your family at this time - it's great that he is ready to do this - i wish mine was. i think the only way mine would have a chance would be to go inpatient. it's good that you can stay at your parents and it is close and it's great you have supportive parents.