Oh Oh Oh...so proud of myself...

Old 03-01-2005, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh Oh Oh...so proud of myself...

I came home a day early, due to changes in my friend's plans (not mine). I did not tell my husband we were coming home until we were a few hours out (due to cell phone issues).

I came home and did NOT look in the garbage or recycling bin. I did NOT sniff extra hard at his collar when he hugged me. I did NOT look around for signs that he had been drinking.

AND...I did NOT ask him about it at all.

I can tell by his behavior that he wants to talk to me about his time when we were gone, yet I did NOT open the door. He went to bed shortly after the children and told me how glad and relieved he was to have us home and he gave me "the look", you know "the look" that means that he has something to confess, yet I said " I love you, goodnight".

He has an appointment with his therapist in the morning and I will be VERy surprised if he does not come out of that and tell me that he drank while we were away. I have no idea how I will respond if he does...I will know when and if that happens.

In other news...the house was clean and the animals were happy. And BO rocked on America Idol last night...what more can I report???

Jenny
Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Oh, oh, oh--I'm proud of you, too! Way to go, Jenny. And while Bo did great on American Idol, I'm rooting for Travis Tucker. He's my doctor's son. Go Travis!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

REALLY?????

Travis was much better last night. I do like thim...although that long haired white boy rocker seems to appeal to me (and every other 30something ex. LoverBoy fan Momma out there).

Still, that is so cool...did you vote for Travis, I hope?

Jenny (pathetically addicted to reality TV, I wonder why???)
Old 03-01-2005, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Yep, really. Of course I voted for Travis. Hey, he's the first American Idol that I know, so it's fun to follow him. I saw an interview on Fox News tonight with Simon and he's predicting that Bo will be this year's winner. I'm addicted to that show, too.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I almost ran here during IDOL to give a big ARRGGHH! Not with the show, but with DH. I love him dearly, but while talking with him about simple tv shows I really missed the guy he is sober. At least it brought me back here tonight.

Congrats on holding up, Jenny, and living your own life while still loving him. I just read a couple other threads you posted this week. As you share and ask for support, you're teaching me a lot. (((hugs))) thank you!!

Am I too complacent? Haven't voted on IDOL yet. :o

faith
Old 03-02-2005, 02:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jenny

You are a star. I bet not checking was hard, but you did it. You are working this really well and I am so proud of you. You are such a great example to everyone here.

Take care

Love

Minnie
xxx

p.s. can't comment on American Idol, I'm afraid. Is it Simon Cowell who does it? If so, please don't think all British men are like that!
Old 03-02-2005, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

JennyK....you are a good example for everyone. I am another one who is proud of you.
Oh..American Idol,watched it last Friday night on tv here. And the reruns are on Sunday morning. Trying to figure out which one Travis was. My memory is terrible. There were 12 boys and 12 girls. Two were eliminated this week. I like the show when they get down to the four or five finalists. Last year was good. Too bad we can't vote here in UK.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

jenny - you did a great job and i just know you will handle youself with dignity if/when your hubby shares anything with you. thanks for keep up posted on your journey.

btw - i missed the boys nite monday (darn) but saw the girls last nite - i don't think any of them sounded really great for some reason! i never watched this show until the latter part last year and now i am hooked.

is there an idol-anon group out there?
Old 03-02-2005, 08:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

JENNY - You are doing sooo AWESOME. You should be very proud of yourself.

Originally Posted by JennyK
And BO rocked on America Idol last night...
He was awesome!! Totally rocked. Definately my favorite Idol.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jenny,

Good job, I know all to well how hard it is not to look in the garbage. Oh that sounds so pathetic doesn't it. lol

Bo is incredible, I just closed my eyes and listened to him, he is amazing!!!!!
I love his long hair rocker look, yes I am a 30 year old mom, ex rocker he he!!!
I also really love Constantine he is so stinkin cute too. And I voted for both of them, doesn't that just cancel each other out, so I guess it's really like I didn't even vote, but I did.

Cwohio, I agree the girls are not so great. Can't wait to see who goes tonight!!!!

Mindi
Old 03-02-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have to wait until 10:30 tonight to get the results. BBGame
Old 03-02-2005, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It really is an accomplishment when I don't look in the garbage, hunt for reciepts, monitor my Abf's computer habits, because oddly, I feel better about me. It's not like I'm trying to hide the truth from myself, I just don't want to become a psycotic super slueth, because that makes me more miserable. Congratulations on your response! You done good
Old 03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I stoped looking for things some time ago as it was only destroying me, however for some reason I keep stumbling across stuff. I think my AH wants me to find and ask him about things, I try not to but sometimes I fall into the trap and then end up apoligizing for snooping!!!!! as for Idol...I like that school teacher with the dreadlocks, if my childs choir teacher looked like him I think I would be classroom volunteer every day...

Last edited by addictswife; 03-02-2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typing error