some good news...

Old 08-16-2002, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

some good news...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that my hubby got a call from the treatment center... they have a space available next Friday. He wasn't sure if he would be able to go or not; so this is good news for him. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's funny tho... after last night, I am in such a different frame of mind about it all. I am removing myself from the position of Loving wife/ Caretaker / Counsellor, and prmoting myself to Owner and Operator of ME! My duties no longer include all the emotions involved with reacting to HIS disease, and I will not let ANYONE get the best of me! (I am feeling a little egocentric today:p ). It's probably a good thing that he will be leaving for 4 weeks - give me some time to "find" my beautiful self, he he...
Thanks for listening guys,
Meg
Old 08-17-2002, 12:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Meg,

That great! Especially the he he.... at the end. I'm still not good in the "me" department, but I'm learning.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-17-2002, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Meg

This is great news. And what a perfect time to work on your recovery without outside interference so to speak.

I know that when my son is in treatment, I use the time to work on myself too, and renew long neglected relationships with healthy friends and family. It appears that my son will be going to treatment soon too (this will be his 9th program, and each one has helped him get more tools to try to stay clean afterwards), and the difference is that I have finally got myself in such a good place that I won't be doing much different at all. I have learned to do the good stuff for me, regardless of how and where he is. And I have to tell you how grateful I am to be in such a mentally peaceful place.

You sound like you are already doing so well in that department.
Letting go is difficult and scary, it takes us to unfamiliar territory but those uncharted waters are cleansing to the soul and lead us to a newfound freedom and serenity.

And only by letting go can we open our hearts and our minds to what is safe and healthy for us.

Good luck and God bless.