forgiving one's self

Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

forgiving one's self

Do you know that I learned something about myself. I am very hard on myself. I made a mistake, and I am the one that couldnt forget about it. I was so hard on myself, my stomach was hurting and I felt very frustrated, and not one person better of said a word to me about it. I was ready to fight, I was ready to defend that I am a good person, but yet apologize for being so stupid and getting things wrong.

I have to learn that it is okay that I make mistakes, that I am not perfect, I have to be more forgiving of my own mistakes, and let it go and go on. I am my worse critic.

Everyone else is saying forget about it, it doesnt matter now it is over, but I wouldnt let it go. I felt so bad, that I had made a mistake. I felt nervous, and scared, well now you have a real reason to be mad, this is something that you will never let me live down. I cant take a joke about it, I cant laugh about it. Not now anyway, maybe in time. Know what I did wrong, I showed up on the wrong day to an event, it was the next day.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are being pretty hard on yourself! Unless I am missing the point here if it was something BIG! You ARE only human. At least you were a day EARLY and still can show up tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But the good thing is, that I realized this, I realized how I beat myself up over stupid things, and how I have a hard time forgiving myself for something as stupid as that.

I am going to work really hard on not being so hard on myself.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

emily - gee whiz - if that was my worst mistake I would definitely be a happy camper! (lol)

but - i understand where you are coming from - you are recognizing the behaviors you want to change! you continue to make progress! hooray for you!