What would the GENERAL SAY??.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry What would the GENERAL SAY??.

My Favorite Movie was Patton; I wonder what the old General would say to these men..mmmmm

Gentlemen, Listen Up

I am here to draw your attention to a very real possibility concerning your relationship with this special lady. Over the last months and months promises have been made by you, to her, about your drinking and how you were gong to end it, and become the man you promised to be. Now if you notice the one constant in your first, second, and even third attempt to stay sober was, and continues to be this special lady. Men, these woman are loving, supportive, and kind. However I am here to remind you of the one thing they are not, and that is fools. Not one in the bunch. An amazing thing about these woman is that if one begins act in such a way, she is brought back to the mission at hand, and that is keeping each other sane, in an otherwise insane situation. It should also be noticed by you knuckleheads, that your children do not get clothes and food and rides by some fairy. It is that woman I am speaking about that manages to hold this ship afloat.

Now what about the possibility I am here to warn you about. Well men it is real, and as John and Paul (Beatles not apostles) said....Your gonna lose that girl!! You say she loves you. She does. But it is time that you act like men and swallow your pride. My god man, MY WIFE stopped her drinking and I am proud to say she is now driving this general just as bonkers as before. But shes doing it sober, Damm it. I have one thing in common with you sad sacks and that is the common belief that when we look at our SO we ask god what we did to be so lucky. That this woman would have me. Well men I am hear to let you know you best be mindful of that fact everyday.

But as a General, I have to warn you. I am inclined to tell these ladies that they not only should have a man who adores them, honors and respects them, but DAMM IT, one who does it sober. It is not something they deserve it is something they are entitled to. They have shown the patience of Job, the wisdom of solomon and the bravery of our boys at Pearl Harbour. They have shown all of that and more in any one day in dealing with you sad sacks.

So men it is time we look in the mirror. It is time we ask ourselfs what we want and how bad do we want it. Nothing in history that was worthwhile, was easy. But we know that. But in this struggle you already have people who will stand along with you and fight with you. From this point forward I would encourage these fine gals to go, be as happy as they can be, and if it is not where they are then find that spot. Because that spot does exist. The only question Soldiers is it with or without you.....Troops Dismissed!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hurrah!!!

Love you, ahcb.

In 3 weeks, I will be in my spot physically, and on my way emotionally.

You're a star.

Love

Minnie
xxxx
Old 02-23-2005, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks ahcb. I'll take that as a compliment.

Now if only our men would listen...lol

ps - I'm glad things are going well for you.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hurrah is right!!! What a great way to end the work day... thanks AHCB!!! Is there anyway we could get this broadcast on the evening news??
Old 02-23-2005, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Good one! Can we print these and post them everywhere for all to see?

ACHB, you have a special way about you!!!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome post....
Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

achb - thanks for being our 1 man rooting section!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is an incredible post! Brought a smile to my face and pride in my heart! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Achb You are awesome that is one of the best things I 've read in a long time!!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!

You really have no idea how much that means to all of us thanks again.

Mindi
Old 02-24-2005, 11:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ahcb, um, you're already married right? DAMN! Thanks for sharing that, it made me smile while wishing my husband would read that!

Blessings,
MysticCat
Old 02-24-2005, 11:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ahcb, um, you're already married right? DAMN!
LOL!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Great post. Thanks for the link Minnie. I didn't see this the first time around. It makes me a little sad, though, as we haven't heard from lots of these folks in a while, like QueenoftheHighway, Mystic Cat, Peaches, and Wraybear.

And while that probably means they're happy and doing well, I miss them all.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Love it, love it, love it!

J