Funny/Sad

Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Funny/Sad

Well, he didn't go to work. He came home a bit ago, too drunk to walk straight. Get ready to laugh. I live in a large city. Hardcore drug users raise money by panhandling or selling "junk"...usually cheap and home-made, often in bars. So what does he hand me? Imagine a Heinz catsup bottle with it's lables removed. Got the picture? Now, imagine it's lid spray painted red...badly. Now, fill that jar with some kind of green rock salt! TA-DA! The new gift.

Now the LOUD talking...leading to screaming. You know the drill...I don't love him, I make him drink...'nother funny part...he took the day off to be with me...and my all time favorite was his explanation that he is licensed to drink and drive. His story is he's such a safe driver the state gave him a special license.

Eventually we get to "so you want me to pack my s**t and go"? Yes. Nother round of you'll never find anyone near as good as me, I'm tired of apologizing for nothing, I go to work everyday (kinda overlooking today), and then the okay so I lie big deal I get your attention...on and on, he loves me so what is he stays gone overnight sometimes...we finally get to...what do you want from me?

I want you gone.

How do I get back in your life?

You stop drinking. You join AA, do 90 meetings in 90 days and attend regularly after that. You stop drinking. You finish your divorce. You stop drinking. You seek counseling. You stop drinking. When you've done those things, then I'll accept a phone call.

More yelling. I am ridiculous. And, it must be contagious because he too says he has a god given right to drink beer! I need to get over my hatred of alcohol and meetings are for losers. Getting a divorce takes too long. yada yada yada.

He flopped across the bed...YES, same clothes since Friday...muttered "you're just a B**th" and is now snoring.

And on that note, I'm going to the beach. Anyone have a need for a Heinz catsup bottle full of green rock salt?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

What do you give the girl who has everything? Wilted roses tied with a bit of t-shirt and a ketchup bottle with green rock salt in it. Now, that's one Valentine's gift you'll never forget. Perhaps you might just save those items--after all, they are so unique--and regift them next year!

On a serious note, what a miserable holiday for you. I'm sorry you have to deal with this mess. You certainly don't deserve to be treated this way. You'll know when you're truly ready to move on and so will he. Here's wishing that Valentines Day 2006 is truly special.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingtheline
Anyone have a need for a Heinz catsup bottle full of green rock salt?
No thanks, but I'd love to join you at the beach.

(((hugs)))

Love

Minnie
xxx

p.s. you know you deserve better than this, right?
Old 02-14-2005, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Meh...

Valentines day.
Just another day.

Now.. that rock salt makes for a dymanite bath...
Throw a couple in the running water and throw a little oil in with it...
Your skin will be silky soft... ;o)
Old 02-14-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would love to be at a beach right now. It's cold and rainy here and I'm sick of it.

Maybe you could give them to him for Christmas - its the right colors. Call it ~ the gift that keeps giving.

Let me know if the bath thing works....lol
Old 02-14-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe next year we should all just plan to be each other's Valentines and meet at the beach!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Barely There

(((((walking)))))

Just thinking of you and hoping you are OK!

Aud.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sdp

OMG!!!! You're married to James Bond????

Oooopps. A special license to "drink and drive" sounds like a license to kill!!!

Sounds like you had a real winner of a V-day.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

walkingtheline..I was just imagining "a Heinz catsup bottle with it's lables removed. Got the picture? Now, imagine it's lid spray painted red...badly. Now, fill that jar with some kind of green rock salt! TA-DA! The new gift." Sorry had to laugh a bit..thinking of this. When I was a teenager dating...my Dad use to keep a gun loaded with rock salt in case he needed it for one of my old boyfriends. He never used it!
Being at the beach is great! Enjoy going to the seaside. Hate the site of those jellied eel stands. That stuff looks awful.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you have to deal with all that. I would DEFINENTLY meet you at the beach! My worst V day was about 8 years ago, when my AH and I got in an argument and he pushed me. I walked out of the house and drove to a neighborhood across the street and slept in my car! i about froze to death! This one wasn't so bad. My AH gave me a box of candy Sunday. Last night we watched TV, and when he started to fall asleep, I went upstairs to get ready for bed. He came up right after and started going into his bedroom and I went out to hug him good night, and thought how sad it was that we were standing in the hallway going into seperate bedrooms on Valentines day!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The beach was lovely

We stayed until around 1 this am...just drinking coffee, talking and listening to the surf. He had the foresight to bring two crocheted blankets...so we sat on a bench on the pier and just talked and talked.

ABF was passed out when I got home.

Nothing happened...just nice conversation which made it double-special.

Last night I had a great reminder of what life could and should be like. Nice lesson to learn.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can't decide which is worse, the ketchup bottle or nothing at all. Actually I did get a card, but silly him, it was the EXACT same card he got me last year (cant' wait til next year). He must really mean what was written inside. Sad part is we really couldn't afford to do anything. I did go out an buy my kids stuff though, whether we could afford it or not......Some how we can always afford his alcohol....funny how that works.

This morning I got the "we never make love" speech. I mean really. I guess he thought the card would do the trick for me. Wasn't even a romantic card, it was a joke card that at the end says "I love you". I explained to him that maybe if he would sober up long enough for me to let go of the anger, maybe then we could work on our relationship. He wasn't excited about that answer, so we are having our "talk" tonight. He has been sober for three days now, but that was because his sister came to visit, and doesn't want her to know he is still drinking. I'll be interested to see if he has been drinking tonight (his sister left this morning).

I of course am the blame for his drinking and depression, and if I would just stop b#tching about him spending so much money we don't have on booze he wouldn't be so inclined to drink.....so basically it is still my fault that we never "make love". I want to go to the beach too.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Some how we can always afford his alcohol....funny how that works.
Isn't it???
One legit complaint my son had against my ex-AH is that he never had time to give him a ride any where but always had time to make it to the liquer store before it closed... Sad but true.
I do like the ketchup bottle for creativity tho... :tongue2:
Old 02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I so agree on the always has $$ for beer

thought.

ABF complains all the time that he needs a raise, he has no $$$ ect ect.
Yet he managed to stay drunk all weekend...it's their perverted version of the loaves and fishes story!

Catsup bottle is under the sink. Not sure yet what I want to do with it, but it just seems to sum up a relationship with an A.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sounds all too familiar to me. My alcoholic always came home drunk and EVERYTHING under the sun that went wrong was my fault. I learned a long time ago not to argue with him.

Then, last year he told me 3 times that he wanted me to get the f**k out. The 3rd time, he told me that after I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. Well, he got his gift. I am now living in my VERY OWN apartment, and I LOOOOVE IT!!!!!

I have never been happier. Believe me, no one deserves to put up with that kind of abuse. I know that I NEVER will again.

God Bless You!
Old 02-15-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yay for you, Grace!

You sound very happy.
I know what you mean about never going back to that situation with anyone.