Way OT: Drive by shooting last night

Old 02-13-2005, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Way OT: Drive by shooting last night

Sorry this is long... However, let me preface this by saying I live in a middle class suburban quiet neighborhood... that was until about a year & a half ago when some "kids" in their early 20's bought the house 2 doors down.. well apparently the mother bought it, but except for the last 3 months only the kids lived in it... They have had loud parties till all hours, their 'guests' & them were rude (peeing in our yards, leaving beer bottles all over) It has gone to the point of some of them threatening to kill us & our families. There has been damage to our cars (like we don't KNOW who it is!!) The house looks like crap & it used to be the best maintained house on the block, they park cars in the front yard...oh I can go on & on. Several of us neighbors have called the cops numerous times & they usually get "talked to" & that is that (including the threats of killing us).... WELL last night was it... at 4:23am we heard a HUGE boom, followed by 3-4 more in rapid succession.. Shotgun shots... H ran to the window & caught a glimpse of the car pulling away while I called 911... 3 or 4 of us neighbors went out to the street to see one of the kids cars shot up - I mean 3-4 inch holes in the car!!! as well as holes in the house, broken windows... The cops came in about 5-8 minutes & proceeded to tape off the street in front of our houses. We KNEW the kids were there... but they didn't answer when the cops pounded on the door.. after about an hour they finally kicked the door in.. I guess they tried to get ahold of the owner (the mother).. I was thinking that maybe they were dead or dying inside but had to admit I wasn't in a hurry for the cops to get in there (evil I know). They were in there the whole time HIDING!!! The cops arrested two of them (wouldn't tell us what for)... the detectives were until 2PM! They ripped that house apart, K9 dogs & everything, they towed away another car (a $50000 navigator - when they can't pay the electric!) but left the one that got shot up... The mother finally arrived (& trust me when I say the apple did not fall far from the tree!) playing the "victim" her poor kids could have got killed, her house is torn apart... ANYWAY, I digress - is there ANYTHING that we as neighbors can do to get this trash out of the neighborhood?!?! I've been hoping they would get foreclosed on but no such luck yet....
Christine
Old 02-13-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suspect

that this should be enough for the police ... if you or any neighbor call to complain now I'd bet it'll get a lot more attention!

Let's pray that this is enough for the owner (even if it is their mother) to put them out!
Old 02-13-2005, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We must be neighbors, except the kid lives right next door! We had a shooting on a Friday night last summer less then 10 yards from the french doors leading to my bedroom.
The police officers told us to band together as a neighborhood and go to the city meetings. Call the chief of police and do your own neighbor hood watch. We all took turns watching and when we left town we let the others know . We called the police for everything bombarded them ,not only one or two but we had seven and eight calls going in a day. Called the city when the yard needed to be mowed. The city would mow it and the owners were charged. We called when the dogs got out, when they barked, when they had too many, we have a limit of three on our city.... The police would drive by often and then it seemed to calm down. The kid still lives there but has gotten rid of the "boyfriend" We tried talking to the mom but she just wanted to play the victim also...her baby was bipolar and so on.
I feel your pain and hope things work out for you. Oh, at the time the girl was only 17 and the officers told us that when she turned 18 things would be different, she would be charged as an adult....she turned 18 in September. Thankfully everything has been quiet.

God Bless
fancy