anniversary

Old 02-12-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Unhappy anniversary

Today is my 11 year anniversary--I have spent the last week working like
crazy getting the place ready to sell--Painting-moving everything out for
new carpet and then back in--changing window treatments--all that stuff
so that you can sell. My AH has been working on the garage and I guess on his little place--any way that's not even the point--the point is today is
my anniversary and I'm so furious because he chose alcohol over me. He
promised me more than a drunk and a divorce. I was served this week and
the divorce was filed on 2-2-05. I am so lost--I know I'll be fine--I have
always managed it will just be a little harder because now I'm disabled. I
really hate to sound so sappy but I'm kind of a blubbering mess today.
Wray thank you for your post about faith--I know tomorrow will be
better. I don't know why I'm so upset I would hate to live with the a---
right now--I should be happy. Enough babbling already--tomorrow will be
a new day---Dee
Old 02-12-2005, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dee, we haven't met before. I'm fairly new to the sight but it has helped me a lot to know that I'm not alone. It's good to let it out, it's good to cry. You do deserve better. My A partener and I will be "celibrating" our 20th anniversary this year for over 6 years she has been an A. For over 4 years we have had almost no sex. You and I both deserve better. I wish you peace and something better. Take care.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ugh!

((((Dee))))

I'm so sorry today has been a difficult one for you. I am not where you are yet but I can understand the frustration. The frustration of dreams that you have had being second to a bottle. The expectations of having the perfect family not come to pass... It stinks. I keep telling myself that this is happening to make me stronger, this is happening so that I grow and that there WILL be new dreams in the future there will be new and happier days ahead and PEACE! I won't play second fiddle to a can of beer or a bottle of vodka or a pipe full of dope. Dotty is right, we deserve better than that. You have a positive outlook. Tomarrow is a new day and with that so many new dreams. Just think of what we will be able to accomplish! Yey there may be light at the end of this afterall!

Lotsa Love and Lotsa hugs,
~FaithChaser
Old 02-12-2005, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Dee, sorry you are having a bad day. Yes, I don't know why it took me the entire week to realize I had, I guess, unconsciously lost my faith... glad I have it back! It was a horrible ride.

Take care of yourself, if you can work in a hot bath/shower and let the warm water heal your aches and pains, stop and breath deeply, light a few candles, stop and breath deeply, rub some nice smelling lotion on your body, stop and breath in the good smell of the lotion and the candles, and know you are not alone.

I know this can be a anxious, sad time, but it can also be an exciting time. Hopefully tonight you will feel better. I wish you well in this new journey. Dee, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee -

I'm so sorry that you are hurting. Endings are sad. Today may be your last wedding anniversary but you can also use it as the beginning of all the anniversaries of your new life - a life you are choosing to make into one that makes you happy. Cry your tears then take a deep breath and start that new beginning.

Big hugs, Jo
Old 02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Here's a big hug for you today ((((Dee)))). I'm sorry you're feeling so down and sorry that you were served divorce papers on the week of your anniversary. But remember when God closes one door he always opens another. All you have to do is walk through the open door. A bright, happy future awaits you. After what you've been through, the future can only be bright.

Here's another hug for you ((((Dee)))).
Old 02-12-2005, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Dee)))
It's a hard day when it's supposed to be the anniversary of the love you promised to eachother and that doesn't happen.
Endings are always sad.
The good thing is, each ending leads to a new beginning.
I know it may not feel that way now, but it will.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Thank you all--I really feel lifted by your support--today my heart is not quite so
heavy--and I'm going to get to work on this house so the first buyer that walks through the door buys it--and then I'm going to skip off to my new place right in
the middle of civilization. I've always loved the country with horses and cows--deer
turkeys...now all I want is to be around people--I want to live next door to a coffee
shop. thank you again everyone--Love and huggs--Dee