It is more than Alcohol now, please read

Old 08-08-2002, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

It is more than Alcohol now, please read

This is the ultimate for me. I was nosing around in my attic lookkng for soemthing...when I came across botlte after bottle of purple pills hiddden in our rafters. I thought for sure I was seeing things.....I also came across some interesting videos. Long and short.....my A has herpes! Tha beginning date is 97.....it could have been for longer than that ...he was single for five years and who knows if he cheated on me. I have to tell you this REALLY is far more painful than any bottle of liquor. This guy has put me at risk. I talked with my doctor at length and we did blood even thought I have not had a single symptom.
People I have to tell you ...there is nothing like being lied to when your health is involved. I am so angry at this man.
Thank heaven I have my court date set.............next week nothing could change my mind now.
Keep your eyes open dear friends
Love
Kitty
Old 08-08-2002, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow Kitty

What a shock that must have been! Good for you for talking to your doctor right away. I think this should be a lesson to everyone who lives with an A to practice safe sex and for BOTH to get tested regularly. There are so many diseases addicts can get, including Hepatitis C, and the risk is not worth taking. I never thought about that since my A is my son, but along with all the other problems, I guess disease would just about top it.

I have been thinking about your court date - it must be close now.
Just take all of us with you and your Higher Power and everything will be just fine. You are an amazing lady and I just know that a wonderful life awaits you.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Wow!

You must be reeling! I am glad you went to your doctor right away...Ann is so right...let this be lesson to all of us living with an A!

(((HUGS))))

JT
Old 08-09-2002, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Some addicts are jerks because they are addicts and some are just jerks. Maybe HP let you see that little bottle just now to give you an added dose of righteous indignation.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 08-09-2002, 08:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kitty - I can only imagine how you must feel about your discovery. It is good that you went to your doctor right away. However, a blood test will only tell you if you have ever been exposed to the virus at some point in your life. If cannot differentiate between HSV I (coldsore) and HSV II (genital herpes), and it cannot tell you when you were exposed. The only way to get a definite result for a type of herpes is from an active lesion, which you say you have never had. This is good, as there is no doubt when you have a first outbreak as the first one is usually the most painful symptomatically. Unfortunately, in this day and age and with herpes so prevalent, most people who have been sexually active over the past 20 years or so will most likely show a positive blood test showing that they have been exposed to the virus at some point. I hope your doctor explained this to you. However, none of this info makes any difference to why your partner KNEW he had herpes and didn't tell you. At least if he had, you would have had a choice in protecting yourself. I wish you luck, Kitty.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

What timing, what a shock!! Something
tells me that you will be O.K., it
seems you would have had symptoms by
now. Hang in there, isn't the court
date next week?? What I would really
like to say is %%&&$$.

Big Hugs,
Old 08-09-2002, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi everyone............
Yes court is this coming Thursday. My doctor did explain...about the Herpes thing...but I had him run all tests for as much as he can clear me of. I am lucky I have never felt any of the symptoms.

I am so MAD...So Angry! My sisiter said it was Gods will for me to find those bottles as I kept waffling about leaving him. If he has kept this from me, his wife...there is even more I don't know...

It is a Very GOOD lesson for all. Eyes open...
Love Kitty
Old 08-09-2002, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Kitty,

I'm sorry you are going through this, but I hope it gives you the extra strength to do what you want to do. You're handling it all so well. I'm proud of you. You're doing great.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-09-2002, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Kitty,

I can't imagine how shocked you must have been. I could really feel the anger that that must have caused. I am so glad that you have shown no symptoms. It definately was from up above to give you the reassurance that you needed, I'm just sorry that it had to envolve your health. Be as strong as you have been Kitty for your heading in the right direction.

Peace and Calm,
Constant