Rock Bottom....

Old 02-04-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Yes, Aquiana, you did do the right thing. He has to hit rock bottom in order to realize that he needs help. His alcoholism is not your problem. It's his problem and he has to deal with it alone.

Now, about that little baby of yours, don't you fret one bit. I had quite a lot of bleeding during my first trimester and I was under immense stress at the same time (my boyfriend at the time told me to get rid of the baby or he'd walk--so I said "goodbye"). So, like you I was alone and pregnant, making just $11,000 a year, and showing signs of a miscarriage. I was scared to death.

But you know what? Everything worked out just fine for me. What seemed like a tragedy at the time turned out to be the most cherished part of my life. A daughter perfect in every way. Today, she's a fabulous young woman and my best friend.

Tonight let your boyfriend own his problems and stop worrying about that little baby of yours. I think your doctor was erring on the side of caution in order to prepare you for the possiblity of miscarriage. A healthy pregnancy is very difficult to interrupt. You're young and healthy, so the odds are in your favor.

Don't fret over what will become of you and baby if you have to go it alone. The path I chose was the perfect path for me. Looking back on it now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Best wishes to you and your precious little one.