Another Night of Listening to Snoring!!

Old 02-04-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Night of Listening to Snoring!!

It is 18:50PM here. My AH is drunk, passed out.. on the sofa and loudly snoring! Wish you could hear this. Sounds worse then a ship horn. Telly is on in background with the evening news on. I have supper dishes to do and then a evening of loneliness. Had a chat with AH this afternoon..when he woke up. Told him I couldn't live like this much longer..because of alcohol. Didn't get much of a reaction. Other then he really didn't understand what the problem was. Alcohol has been a part of his entire life. His Dad,Uncles and Aunts,all drink....or Aunts drank themselves to death. So why can't I fit into this and settle?Be a part of this family and start drinking...like them?? I have a hard time understanding this pub culture. Have to go to the pub or club...Friday night;Saturday afternoon and then again Saturday evening;Sunday afternoon and again on Sunday night. The schedule unusually includes; drinking ale,bitter,scot whiskey until you are falling over drunk. Waddling home on foot or getting a taxi. When you wake up a bit,continue to drink more ale or bitters...pass out,wake up at 3/4:00AM in the morning,where they stagger up to bed and sleep till noon. Then the whole process starts over again for the next day and so on. My FIL has had this schedule for years. He is 82 and still going. God-forbid,if he were to miss one of his club days. What would all his friends think at the club??? I just hate this. Can't have a decent family dinner or even go out to a nice place to eat on weekends. AH stays home drunk; FIL is at his club;BIL is drinking...at two or three different pubs;Uncles are at the local club.
Want more history of this family? Does any one else out there have problems of this type? Sorry to vent,but one good thing...I won't be in this stituation this time next year!!!
One question...how do you people handle this stituation of A H/W, who wets the bed? Do you clean up his/her messes or do you make H/W do the deed? My AH has a bad habit of peeing in the kitchen sink. Never understood that one. I bleach that sink..two/three times a day on weekends when AH is home. Feel like I am
Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gracey

Mine would pee in the laundry tub...........in the basement.................

My h did wet the bed a couple of times......................in 10 years......not often tho...........one time it was in my son's bed......... my son seen it and asked question's..............my son came running out of his room.................who peed in my bed....................screaming and crying since he has never had an accident since he was potty trained.....mom someone peed in my bed......................it stinks..............it huge, it is all over.....he said the only one in my bed was my H.............everything is soaked...................my H heard everything............my H got up and changed it........................

I would not clean the mess.................

Old 02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with Gracey... I wouldn't clean the mess up.... change & wash sheets... YUCK!!!

New Rule: If you're old enough to drink and pee the bed, then your old enough to clean it up!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My ex never wet the bed. If he had, he would have had to clear it up.

He did used to wet himself in the car, so I stopped him using my car and refused to drive his.

The kitchen sink? I think he did do that, but when I almost caught him, he denied it. I think he did, though.

Have these people no dignity?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Patience is a virtue.

bluester,
i hope that at this time next year you really are NOT dealing with this. what's the point? what are YOU getting out of it? wouldn't it be better to be alone and lonely than with someone and lonely? i think so. at least you wouldn't have to deal with his sh**.
as far as peeing in the bed....my AH does it once every couple of months. it's totally disgusting. luckily, he's usually mortified that he's done it and cleans it up immediately...
here's a funny story, though...him and i spent the night at his friend's new condo after a night of drinking. i slept in the extra bed, and he slept on the BRAND-NEW couch. the next morning i went into the living room...he was up and had a fan on the couch, franticly (sp?) trying to dry his mess. how embarrassing...luckily, his friend didn't get up in time to see what had happened.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bluester,

Peeing the bed is something that happens around here 3-4 times a year. It has to be the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I will absolutley not clean it up never ever ever.

I was so shocked the first time it happened I truley couldn't believe it.. I thought it was just him, until I came here. I really had no idea.

Buy him some plastic sheets for valentines day. lol

Mindi