flustered

Old 02-03-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Unfortunately some people are just weird about children not being of "their blood". It's their loss. I was fortunate that my folks always treated my step-children the same as my son. My Mom (Dad died) still keeps in touch with them and their kids... so she has great-grands. Now my ex-MIL on the other hand treated the children that were of her blood differently depending on who their mother was. The older children were treated well, the middle son okay and my son was ignored or told he was spoiled at best. The interesting thing was in talking with my son, being told he was spoiled really hurt him... he equated it to spoiled food, something that had gone bad and he couldn't figure out what he had done to make her feel that way. Food for thought on how we use our words. My blended family did know that some of the kids had additional aunts, uncles and grandparents and moms but that was okay.
Family time at the table is a great way to catch up on what's going on or to just enjoy each others company... good tools for life. Bree can sit at the table and join in the fun even if she chooses not to eat. You are the one responsible for her nutrition.

Children, even grown children usually choose to defend their Mother or the person they view as a Mother.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are right that you can and should set rules for your children. I think you are focusing on setting rules for your MIL and your H. You can't set rules for them.

If you want to have rules for your children, tell them what they are and what the consequences are when they are broken. The consequences can not be that mom will flip out. It has to be something that is theirs to own.

Just pick your fights. I think that Bree is smack in the middle of the Gracey-MIL war. If she does one thing, you throw a fit. If she does the other thing, grandma throws a fit. Quite a confusing, scarey place for a 7 year old.
L
Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How do your older kids react to all this?
Sounds like everything is about the 7 year old. Poor kid, think how she must feel.

I have mine sit at the table with the rest of us even if they don't eat.
It's talk about our day time.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Gracey,you seem to keep a daily on line log of your problems with AH and MIL. You have opened yourself up here and you seem to be somewhat popular with your posts. Question,what if you AH or MIL happen to come across your posts here? How will they react? If you decided to divorce your AH,can your posts here be used in court as evidence? Just curious?
Old 02-04-2005, 07:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Gracey

Gobsmacked

I dont thing so at all............this is just for me...........this may help me with dates and times of certain events..........I dont think the judge would be interested in he said, she said........I dont think I would ever be in jeopardy of loosing custody of my children, I am a good mom...........and no matter how much I dont like some things about my H, he would be wonderful to my daughter..........I use to be scared of him reading some of my posts, but I cant worry about that anymore........this has been my journal..........If he did read some of my posts....he would only get his feelings hurt...........I am completly honest here..........and sometimes I post things when I am angry........and I dont tell him, because I know it could turn into something very ugly...........and I need to be able to vent somewhere. I am so thankful that I can come here...........some things that were said in here...........kinda hurt, but is was a good hurt and opened my eyes about things..........and that is what I want.............I dont want to be blind anymore, I want to see things..........so i can make things better for my life and my childrens........