Some Perspective

Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some Perspective

I came to this board in March 2004. I asked my AH to move out four months ago and we are in the middle of the divorce circus.

I don't have nearly all the answers but, after almost a year of introspection, I do have some perspective that I'd like to share.

I have changed. I'm not scared anymore. I talk to stangers on the street, I have joined classes, I go out into the world with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step that I haven't had in years. I am actually looking forward to my life. I am not afraid of making a mistake or of being wrong. If I make a mistake, so what? I'll deal with it. Even though my financial situation could be better, I'm not worried. Everything will work out OK for me. I look at the world as a happy place full of adventure - not a scarey place out to hurt me. It truly is like a whole brand new world. I didn't even know how scared I was. Scared of mistakes, of other people, of new things, of the unknown.

I don't feel this way because my AH is gone. I feel this way because I worked on me and I feel good about myself and I know that I can find happiness within ME no matter what anyone else says or does. Everyone can do that. All you have to do is believe it and try.

I don't harbor any ill feelings towards my AH. We get along relatively well. However, I stand my ground. I will not allow anyone to treat me like that ever again - anyone. I deserve so much more.

I know it's hard to figure out what you want when you've spent your life doing what everybody else wanted you to do. But TRY ! Believe me, if you start, it will snowball and you won't believe how good it feels. If you want to paint your fingernails bright purple, do it. If you want to dance around the kitchen while you're washing dishes, do it. If you want stay up all night watching Mary Tyler Moore reruns, do it. The world won't end. Who cares what everybody else thinks? It's your life. Do what makes you happy. That's what life is for ! Start with fun. Once your mind remembers what it's like to make yourself feel good with the little things, it will be so much easier to know what you want with the big things.

You are all wonderful people. God put you on this earth to ENJOY your life. So, ENJOY IT. No matter where you are or what situation you are in, love yourself first. Carve out a space in your life to do what makes you happy. You deserve it. You need it. You will never get this day again. Make it special. Do something you'll remember a month from now and smile.

Thanks for reading my rambling.
Hugs - L
Old 02-01-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

L, great news! great to hear you are doing so well!
Thanks for sharing this truly inspirational post too.
Happiness and blessings to you!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Yay L!!

I am smiling for me AND for you!!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lorelai: Thanks! I needed that little nudge today.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's sooooooo nice to see you posting!!!!! I haven't seen you posting for awhile and I've missed you.
It seemed there have been many times throughout my journey to find me that I could relate so much to your posts! I often felt that you and I were growing at about the same rate of speed! lol
I'm happy to hear you are doing so well and are finding happiness and enjoying your life.

And just for fun, let me tell you the first thing I did FOR ME! When I first began to really seek a new life and new perspective!
I went and got my navel peirced! LOL.
Now you have to understand that I had wanted this done for about 10 years and AH had went so far as to threaten to divorce me if I did it! Well, this was not about him, it was about me! And guess what - it didn't hurt him a bit!
So I'm right there with you rooting you all on to live your life and enjoy every single minute of it.

Again lorelai, it's great to see you on here!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gracey

Lorleai:

I am so happy to hear that you are doing so wonderful, you sound terrific.......I know if I keep working on me things will get even brighter.........what wonderful words of encouragement...........as I read your post, I can see you dancing in your kitchen with bright purple finger nail polish..........and a huge smile...........It feel so good to know that such a terrific person like yourself has found peace.........

God Bless, your friend
Barbara

Old 02-02-2005, 09:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gracey

PS

I miss you

Old 02-02-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lorelai - what a strong woman you are and i'll be you didn't know that many months ago. you inspire us to work on ourselves and remind us that our first love ought to be ourselves!

thanks for a big ball of sunshine that you shone on us today!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WOW........I totally agree...although it is hard at times to "see the light" gotta keep looking!!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah this post made me smile. Thank You!!!

I am excited to start living MY life!!!!

Mindi
Old 02-02-2005, 12:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Excellent advice Lorelai.
I'm so glad you're here.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Bravo Lorelai!!!

I'm so happy for you. You an example for all of us.

hugs and blessings, kathy
Old 02-02-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Such sweet words - thank you all.

I'm no different from any of the people on these boards. I was in such dispair. It's all inside you. Don't focus on what is making you miserable - that may never change. Take responsibility for your own happiness. That is a decision you can make. Once you feel it happening to you, it grows on it's own.

I miss you guys too.
L
Old 02-03-2005, 03:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Hey L!

You rock!!!!!!!

Hugs, Paula
Old 02-03-2005, 04:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lorelai
Take responsibility for your own happiness. That is a decision you can make. Once you feel it happening to you, it grows on it's own.
Beautiful Lorelai, just beautiful.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Radar

It's all inside you. Don't focus on what is making you miserable - that may never change. Take responsibility for your own happiness. That is a decision you can make. Once you feel it happening to you, it grows on it's own.
(((Lorelai))) What you wrote is something that I really need to take to heart and work on. I dwell on the past too much. Thanks so much for sharing and spreading your positive nature.