Back Surgery; prayers please?

Old 02-01-2005, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Radar

Back Surgery; prayers please?

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you all know that I'm still around and what's up with me. I haven't been posting much lately, but I'm reading the posts ... I still learn so much from you all. I'm going to be gone for awhile. I'm going to have back surgery next Tuesday and probably won't feel like being online for a couple of weeks. I've had back problems for over a year and went through all the shots and physical therapy but new MRI's showed it's not getting any better, in fact it's worse! I have a herniated disk that isn't healing and my spinal canal is narrowing and pinching nerves. They're going to do a decompression and I'll be out of work for 6 weeks. It makes me wonder how much I like my job when I'm looking forward to being out of work for 6 weeks even though it's for this... I'm nervous though so I would appreciate your prayers.

I've been working on myself and my marriage and things are going well in that department. My H isn't drinking much at all and is doing things around the house and getting back into his music. Last night he went grocery shopping and came home with all kinds of good things; then he cooked all evening. He actually boiled a chicken and made some really good chicken broth and he plans on making me a southern dinner tonight with fried chicken and okra! He's a lot happier these days and he's fun to be around again.

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this site and all of the support I've gotten from you. My life has gone from absolutely depressing and thinking of divorce to hope and happiness again.
Thanks and God Bless all of you. :hugehug
Old 02-01-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will send a prayer your way!!! I'm glad things are going well with you and your H. He cooks for you, that is my dream!!!

Take care of yourself

Mindi
Old 02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Kari,

Please know that you will be enveloped in a blanked of love and support from all of your SR friends during and after your surgery.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Barb
Old 02-01-2005, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((karivan))) - it's always wonderful to hear that things are going well with one of our "family members"! prayers to you for your upcoming surgery and may it heal your pain!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck with the surgery KV.
Hope all goes well and you heal quickly.