Something clicked.....

Old 01-28-2005, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something clicked.....

My AH's aunt is in the hospital so he went to visit. He called me when he was done to see if I was on my way home yet. I got home and he didn't show up until 3 hours later. ( don't get me wrong I loved the time alone).

I had such self control and didn't bother to call him, until he pulled up in the driveway (if I only would have waited another 2 minutes). Of course it was sooo hard I always think oh he got another DUI or something. Anyway he just said he went a lot of places whatever that means. I didn't fight with him or anything just went upstairs and got on the computer.

So a little while later, he comes up and says "so nothing yet?" Okay I have no idea what that meant. I just said "what do you mean?" apparently that was not what he wanted to hear. He says "well if you don't know I guess it's not that important to you" I didn't talk to him the rest of the night he slammed things around downstairs and then went to bed.

Well this morning, I realized he wanted me to fight with him so he would not feel so guilty about being gone who knows where drinking. He invited me to his fight and I didn't accept his invitation much to his dismay!!!!

I am so glad I can see things a bit clearer now and not play his games with him.

Mindi
Old 01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gracey

Good for you Mindi

Old 01-28-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yea mindi - i wish it was that easy for me. i don't say anything. but when he wants me to pick - the last time i physically left the house for about 2-3 hours. it does take the wind out of their sails!
Old 01-28-2005, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WOW..I did that today too and was VERY proud of myself......of course not sure how it will be when I return home but it did feel good!

good for you
Old 01-29-2005, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

when i got home he was crashed out and very apologetic when he woke up. (imagine that!) good for you!