bad feeling

Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

bad feeling

This sounds crazy, but I have a bad feeling about today. It's a nervous, nauseating, scared, sad, numb feeling (if that makes any sense).

Could this be me having a final realization that things will never change or could there be something really wrong with AH? I've had this feeling before and it usually leads to obsessive behavior.

Hopefully it will pass.

Has anyone else felt this before?
Old 01-25-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

jess - i go thru that sometimes - i think it is a combination of things. as we examine ourselves and try to get healthier we see things differently and like you said, it may be that you are coming to terms with your situation. i don't know anything for a fact, but i do know those feelings!

extra hugs to you since you're feeling funky!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gracey

This had started it I guess........and I just had a flood of bad feelings............thinking too much............and I got myself more upset............atleast now, I recognize what I am doing............I am only blaming myself for getting myself so upset........no-one did or said anything to me this morning..........but my post earlier says it all............I make myself crazy sometimes..........

You are not alone

Old 01-25-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

That was me yesterday

Yes, thats how I felt yesterday....so worked up I thought was gonna have a heart attack...it passes though
Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I called the attorney and I am waiting for her to call me back.

I'm having anxiety - chest pains, short of breath, headache. I have xanax, but it makes me tired.

The funny thing is, I'm really not thinking a whole lot about it.

I hope I don't sound whiney... I really need to get through this with a clear head.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Jess,

When I was going through my separation I had panic attacks while I was driving and would have to pull over. I thought I was losing my mind for a bit there. Thank my HP for good anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds which to this day help keep me feeling sane.

I've tried the Xanax too, and found it made me tired and feel out of my head - like "balloon head". Fear of the unknown for me was a major trigger. But as I started to put more trust in my HP the attacks came less frequently. Now its more my mild case of depression that I have to manage.

It got better for me as I learned more tools to help myself. A few deep breaths and a mantra of positive affirmations might help.

Sending good ju-ju your way darling.

Petunia
Old 01-25-2005, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jessica

This is a big step you're taking, so it's not unusual for you to be feeling a bit jittery. You are taking this step for you and the kids. If he gets a grip and finds recovery, then there's nothing to stop you getting back together a few years down the line. But you know that it's been doing you a lot of harm waiting for that to happen. This is the first day of the rest of your life. And you can make it a great one.

I'm thinking of you.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 01-25-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think what you're feeling is normal. Fear of the unknown, knowing that something has changed and more change is to come. The realization that your life seems to be heading in a new direction. And maybe you also have some fear as to how you think your AH may react if you really do decide to file for divorce. You're bound to feel nervous, scared, jittery, etc. You have a lot of emotions swirling around in your body.

Just hang on, you'll do fine.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jess- i had that the day before and i'm walking around in circles in the kitchen, and desperately grab my al-anon books trying to find something to help me get a grip. so i prayed for my HP to help me! and read and read some more- just flipping through the books til i found something which helped give me some insight to what my "motives" were. enough to make you stop and think about a few things.

anyway, the next day, those old negative thoughts and resentments and you know, they started as soon as i got up but something in my head just said "i'm not going to hear any of this today!" and it stopped. and i had such a good day i had to write it down! hang in there! "This too shall pass"