SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   being greatful.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/4936-being-greatful.html)

bonbon 07-29-2002 05:22 PM

being greatful....

I am at work, I have been complaining all day to myself about my job and how hard I have been working this past week to see that our Software Upgrade goes smoothly, which it HAS NOT. But I am not here to talk about that.

I walked outside a little bit ago to smoke, (not ready to give those up yet) It is the norm to meet patients outside, (I work for a large hospital here in the city.) Well this particular man was sitting outside, and by his clothing I could tell he was a patient. I sat on the bench beside him and said hello, how are you doing?

He then told me he is just fine, enjoying being alive. I smiled...he then told me he just had his 96th surgery on his Krohns Disease he has had for the past 30 years. A close friend of mine has that as well. If you havent heard of that it is a disease for which there is no cure and it basically can get out of control and eat at your large and small intestines, to the point to where you have to have diseased sections removed. Very painful lifelong disease. He had a beautiful smile, his color was good and he was full of life. He told me he owed his life to our hospital, which is good to hear, but he also told me every day he sees the light through the windows when he opens his eyes he doesn't have any other care in the world except being able to breathe.

Sometimes I forget how truly lucky I am just simply to be living. I am healthy, have a healthy child, and by the grace of god I am happy. I know everyone knows that there is so much to be thankful for, but I truly believe when life is getting crazy HP puts people in your life to make you stop, look, slow down, and listen to things around you. Help you to keep focus and keep track of what is really important.

I have been doing ok, I am hopefully getting ready to move into an Apartment, the yard work and extra bills that come with a rent house are really knocking me, and I feel like I want a fresh start in someplace new, I've been starting over mentally, why not start over physcially too. I might even try to exerscise a little bit. (I am terrible I know!)

My new friend I had underestimated, he is still seemingly interested, just still taking that one day at a time though.

My A came to his brothers to get all of his things over the weekend, I think he was shocked I actually had taken his stuff over there for him to pick up. Needless to say, the other woman was who brought him there, they left together after he got his things. It didn't bother me at all.

Hope things are well with everyone......guess I will get back to work! If this place falls apart I am still taking my 2 week vacation on the 9th of August no MATTER WHAT!!!:wink2:

Love you all!!

Morning Glory 07-29-2002 05:31 PM

Bonbon,

You are incredible!

Love you too!

Hugs,

MG

Ann 07-29-2002 05:42 PM

Hey Bonbon

It is so rewarding to see the happiness you have brought into your life. I can feel your joy just reading your post.

It sound like you are already starting a new life, a life you have been waiting and working for for a long time.

Enjoy every day and get ready for a fun vacation. You deserve it.

smoke gets in my eyes 07-29-2002 06:18 PM

:funjump:

You go, girl!

helluvagalnva 07-30-2002 05:25 AM

You're awesome - Bonbon

((((((((( Bonbon ))))))))
I'm so happy for you!!!!! You deserve every bit of it. You go Girl!!!!!!

Love,
Galnva

Rose56 07-30-2002 09:45 AM

Thanks for sharing your inspirational story with us. Your thinking has really shifted and wonderful things are begining to happen. It helps me so much just to witness your transformation. Maybe it can happen for me! Take good care and definately vacation!!!!

bonbon 07-30-2002 12:13 PM

thanks you all for your replies! I found out on my lunch I did get my apartment. :funjump: So, it looks like I will be moving this weekend. I am so excited and so is my daughter! There is a huge lake out there too where you can fish and walk around, it is really pretty at night. The pool is also beautiful! I will also have a full size washer and dryer!!!! Whooohoo!!! I've been laundry matting it for years now! I am easy to please...

Love you guys!!!

helluvagalnva 07-30-2002 12:44 PM

I can see this huge difference in you. I'm so proud of you!!! Pat yourself on the back-girl.............. Good luck on the move. If I lived near you ........... I would come over and help.

I'm going to the beach again. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.......can't wait - I start my new job on Monday so I'm going to get a litlle R&R in.

Oh my God..........what a night I had last night. All three of my kids have head lice that they got the last time we went to the beach. I spent all night until 1:00 am shampooing and picking out lice from their heads. It was sooooooooooooooo gross. They were great sports about it .......tonight I'm going to take them out for some Ben and Jerry's for a treat for being so good.

I'm glad to hear that your friend is still being supportive. Call me if you get a chance. I'm sooooooooo glad that things are going well for you!!!!!

Love Ya,
Cindy

Ann 07-30-2002 04:35 PM

And it just gets better and better Bonbob. Hooray for the new apartment and hooray for YOU.

Kitty 07-30-2002 07:09 PM

Hey Bonbon ...That is great news ...a fresh start feels so good! Your elephant even looks happier : )
Love Kitty

bonbon 07-31-2002 07:11 AM

:D :D :D :D :funjump: :funjump: