My fingers are crossed

Old 01-20-2005, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My fingers are crossed

Today my Ab/f is getting out of the hospital after 3 1/2 days in detox. So right after I attend my friends funeral this afternoon I will be picking him up to brink him home. I am not calling him my ex any more because we have decided to try this again. He is on the phone trying to get into a 30 day program. I would prefer to take him right to the rehab instead of home but if he has to wait a day or two, that's what will have to be. He told me he considered going to his mom's or ex wifes (where his 10 yr old is) because he didn't think I would want him if he had no income. He is suspended for 30 days from his government job because of being AWOL (unexcused absences.)
I told him I was surprised that he considered that since I have never seen his income. The bar saw his income, so what would the difference be now. Since he smokes I am sure he will need money from me for that other bad habit. I told him as long as he is suspended for 30 days this is perfect timing to go into 30 day rehab. I am trying to be optimistic as to this time being the final time he has to go through this. I think I am also smarter and stronger this time around as well. I have to remember that when he is quiet or I feel he is being distant, that he is struggling and that it has nothing to do with me or his love for me. The road ahead is a long one.
Patty
Old 01-20-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Patty--I really hope for you that this goes well--It sounds like you have a good prospective on what to expect--Here are lots of good thoughts for you--and your
bf--smiles--Dee
Old 01-20-2005, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.....The funeral I attended earlier today was for a friend of mine whose b/f shot her in the head Saturday night. She was only 44. When I think of the relationship they must have had together, mine seems bearable.
Love, Patty
Old 01-20-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Dont have any comments as I have never been through the rehab thing. Hope it all goes well for you both.

Blessings,
MysticCat
Old 01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On My Own Now....

((((((((((Patty))))))))))))))

My prayers are with you and your A. Stay strong, you sound like you are in a good head space. I have not dealt with the rehab thing either but I can only imagine how tough it must be right now for you.

SunDance
Old 01-20-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish you all the best. I know it must be hard, but stay positive.