Wits End Corner

Old 01-15-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tinacee1

Wits End Corner

After a lovely first date with a lovely man I have been corresponding with after 27 years with an alcoholic soon to be ex husband. On my return back home after a lovely meal with him (and he is a teetotler)the telephone rang answered it not thinking it would be you-know -who and low and behold it was the P quite drunk asking if our son (the eldest one of 25 who stays with him) was here. I called upstairs to my son of 18 who lives with me if his brother was there - he replied No - went back to the telephone just to let him know that he wasn't here. Then all the interrogation started again. I told him straight that I had been out - he asked I had gone out with Shelley my best friend - I said no it was a date with the man I have met. A three-second silence and then "I am happy for you" - I then put the phone down. The next morning the phone rang again 10 minutes ago - let it ring just incase it was him again - checked who had rang by ringing 1471 - sure enough it was Ex. Bear in mind that 2 days ago I told him I would contact the police about his harrassment - and he's at it again!!! Advice please. I am at wits end corner.

Thanks
Tinacee (UK)
Old 01-15-2005, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just a thought. Since you are soon to be divorced, couldn't you just keep answering ever question with, "We are getting divorced, so I feel it is none of your business"
Just answer questions about the childern. You could also say, I only answer questions about the childern"
Bet he will start thinking of lots of questions to ask about the childern. (Smile) but be prepared as he will prob try to sneak in personal questions.
Not advise, just a thought .
Old 01-16-2005, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Since you set a boundry by saying you would talk to the police about his harassment
that's what I would do. He may not stop when the divorce is final so you may as well
get it over with. My A Father never did stop harassing my A Mother. Some A's are like that. My own AH doesn't harass like that he likes covert operations. Any how goodluck
Smiles--Dee Hey--lucky you having a nice date. Good for you!
Old 01-17-2005, 01:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tina

Welcome to SR from another Brit! (I used to go to Uni in Manchester.)

Clancy's right, what you do now is none of your soon to be ex's business. You don't need to respond to questions other than those relating to the divorce or your sons. If he doesn't like it, then tough. Involve the police if you have to. But don't just threaten, actually do it. He needs to know that you mean business.

Hope you stick around here - you'll pick up some useful tips on dealing with alcoholics.

Love

Minnie
xxx