uninformed or do they just need a stupid sign

Old 01-13-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

uninformed or do they just need a stupid sign

My H just calls me at work, to inform me that my daughter is skipping school.........and to let me know that she has been home everyday this week before he was...............

I reminded him that she had finals this week at school and she had half days everyday due to them..........

He asks well how did she get in the house......I said I gave her my key............he says well it would be nice if someone would have told me.........I said I did............he of course says no you didnt...........I said does it matter.......he says well I am always the last to know and .10 cents later......with an attitude..........

honestly if I did forget to tell him, it wouldnt have changed a thing anyway.........I really dont get the big deal and why he is so angry.........and than of course he asks where my son is...........I said well, he is in middle school and he dont have half days for test taking.............he says OH

I wonder if he remember's that none of my kids have school tomorrow.......I am just going to tell him that I am sorry, but I happened to be more involved with the kids scheduling, because I need to make arrangements for these types of days off so I can go to work and if I didnt tell you, it wasnt on purpose........ergggggggggggggggg

My whole point is anyway, if he was so concerned, why didnt he just ask her..........she's been doing it everyday this week and today is Thursday............

How did he even know, anyway, my daughter usually gets home before him.........she gets home at 2:35 and he works till 2:30 and dont get home till quarter till three or ten to three on a good day.........

I am letting my mind wonder and outloud saying, that his mother has arrived at my home like usual to greet my Husband when he gets home and she informed him of the situation..........

I think both of them instead of questioning it...........they could have just asked her, but that would have been to logical, instead call me at work an accuse her of skipping school all week........

They are all nuts you know that.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gracey
They are all nuts you know that.
Never!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gracey

The Stupid Sign

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign."

It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol' stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it. "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Darn that's hot!" See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign."

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said, "Are you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your sign."

Anybody you know need a sign today?

The next time someone says something stupid ask them where their sign is.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Old 01-13-2005, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Something like this, perhaps...?

No, wait. Bigger, prob'ly.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gracey - yah know what "funny"? My son has midterms next week - 3 days of half days. I told AH & even wrote it on the calendar; but I've already resigned myself to the fact that he WILL NOT remember & will insist I never told him!! They are all NUTS!
Christine
Old 01-13-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by drgnfly30
They are all NUTS!
Christine
I heard that "NUTS" is an acronym for "Not Using The Steps".
Old 01-13-2005, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry I'm laughing so much, but it's SO TRUE!!!

My current AH is one of those types of idiots that makes "small talk" that borders on the ******** - and he has a master's degree in engineering! Last night I had put two steaks out to thaw on the kitchen counter. He came in, looked at the steaks, and asked: "Are we having steak tonight." Heck no, I just threw the meat out there because I just LOVE to watch $9.99/lb. meat rot on my kitchen counter. Brother! It can drive me up a wall because I'm so tempted to come back with a sarcastic reply. I just bite my tongue and say, "Yeah." (DUH!!!!!)
Old 01-13-2005, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by prodigal
I'm so tempted to come back with a sarcastic reply.
Sarcasm: my #1 character defect. It was always the sharpest sword in my arsenal.

How humbling it was to find out that it's from the Greek word sarcazo meaning "to tear flesh like dogs"...

I ask HP every day to remove that one. Some days, good. Other days...? Not so good! Progress, not perfection.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

:Lmao
Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm printing out several copies of that "I'm Stupid" sign and stashing them all over the house, so they'll be close at hand when needed. Thanks for the laughs. Gracey: Keeping you in my prayers every night. Stay strong, you're doing a great job. Sunny days are just around the corner.

Night.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lol that was great. Not only funny but also a really good idea. Just about had to wipe half chewed bagel off the computer screen.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"The Stupid Sign
Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign."

Reminds me of those t-shirts I have seen for sell. One says..."I'M STUPID" and the other one says..."I'M WITH STUPID". Maybe one for your AH and the other for your MIL???
Old 01-14-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I just ran across this. Gracey those are great, I am going to be laughing over those for a long time. Thanks, love them!!!!!

My favorite is:

Would you believe it was the last place I looked?

Of course! When you found it you stopped looking. Hello?