Holding my own

Old 01-13-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

Holding my own

I am fine..............I got through the nite with no trouble...........When I arrived home from work yesterday, I pulled in the driveway honked the horn.......for Bree to come out so I could go buy her a tutu for ballay...........I got home just in time for her to change and go to her first lesson......She really enjoyed it..........(I thought it was boring........and they speak a different language)....But Bree really enjoyed it..........so I picked up all the paper work so I could sign her up........by the time I got home.........I pulled in the driveway, (Bree went out to eat with the neighbors straight from ballay) I honked the horn again and picked up my son for hockey practice.......I didnt get home till a little after nine.........to find my H had been drinking with the neighbor........Bree's homework or planner hadnt been signed or completed......and of course she was hungry again..........ergggggggggg......one thing to a time..........after I finished helping her..........I went on the couch to sleep............he came down stairs and asked me if this was where I was going to remain.........and I said I dont know..........and he kissed me on the cheek said I love you and went to bed..............I am going to take a half of personal day tomorrow so I can be home early for my kids.........they dont have school..........report cards.......I am going to head up north to see my family..........

Do you know what is great about Alanon meetings and this site...........I can share anything I want...........I am past be angry with my H..........I am now just completed disgusted by him..............on the outside when first meeting him.............he is a very good looking charming, funny guy..............but all I see is darkness, rage and I see ugly...........

As far as me..........I was fine sleeping on the couch...........I enjoyed running my kids around..............and I was thankful when I arrived home that he left me alone.........and I am thankful I was strong enough to not react at all to his drinking.......I have also decided that I dont want to talk to him on break today, so I am putting my phone on make busy.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gracey,was just wondering how you were and handled the stituation. See you are okay. Good luck,girl. Saying a prayer for you.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

re

Gracey - you sound like you are in control - I am glad you had a good night with your kids - here's to many more like it
Old 01-13-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're safe.

Have you called any of those numbers yet? You need information. Whilst you are OK today, tomorrow's another day.

Take care

Minnie
xxx
Old 01-13-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad things went well for you. Hang in there Gracey - you're doing just fine.

Carol
Old 01-13-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you had some peace and I hope a good night's rest. It sounds like you're really giving your children the stability and reliability they need. You sound much better. Hugs to you and your children.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

gracey - minnie is right - you need to at least call and gather some info if nothing else because you may need it and in times of chaos you may not remember a number other than 911.

glad you had a peaceful evening!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

glad you had such a good night, and ditto to Minnie. Tomorrow is another day. Not to scare you but to prepare you.