Intimidation

Old 01-12-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Gracey)))

I am so sorry that you are facing this at the moment. You know, part of it may be because he's seeing the healthy changes in you and doesn't like it.

Please ring the domestic abuse phone numbers that you've been given. Like calling your lawyer, information is power.

Your husband does not have the right to stay in your home, regardless. If you are living in fear and danger and he is abusing you and the children (which he most certainly is), he must surely forfeit his rights to stay in your home. Make sure you know about this NOW. Today. You cannot go home with these threats hanging over you without speaking to someone in your state who knows what options are available to you.

This is bigger than the upheaval of moving or taking your kids out of school. Your physical wellbeing is in jeapoardy.

Pick up the phone.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 01-12-2005, 02:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

GRACEY,

read this again>>>I will be fine as long as I dont say no to him<<<<

Let me offer you a guys perspective....IT IS THE SAME AS EVERY WOMAN HERE!

Let me ask you a horrible question...If your 14 yo daughters BF said to her you will be fine as long as you dont say no....would you be adding all these caveats to that..NO, you would be calling the cops..

My advice is the same as everybodys..GET OUT...also do you have a cell phone? If things are getting out of hand, excuse yourself (slip on something comfortable or whateve lie you need to tell him) go to the bathroom and call 911 on your cell. WAIT there untill cops arrive.

I agree with Chuckles-GET OUT. Do you have a brother or sister or parents..(my preference, brother hopefully he is a hunter) Your brother says simply he doesnt want to get involved but you are his sister and inside his place you are safe...good night..

Call it what you want...There is no woman on this planet I could say that to or make them feel that way (they had to do it to be safe) without being charged with rape...

FOr your and more importantly the kids.safety..you are being abused at BEST and god hopes you never find out the worst scenario... GET OUT NOW>>>I REALLY MEAN NOW-also if you know some of the woman here give them a phone # to check up on you once in a while..aj
Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Gracey, it's been my experience that police officers often don't know the law. If you had a restraining order against your husband, he would NOT be allowed to stay in the house! Be safe.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Gracey -

My husband was arrested on my word. He was drinking. I was not. He got violent with me and denied it. Matter of fact, he said that I started it!!!! They arrested him. You have already had the police to your house once. There is a record of that. You can have him removed. If he tries to stop you from calling for help, that is an additional charge that is not taken lightly in Michigan. I know that for a fact. Do not be afraid to call for help. Like I said before, you won't be the one pressing charges, the police do that.

Please Gracey. let enough be enough. You and your kids don't need anymore.

Take care, Jo
Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You can fill out a statement on which charges will be submitted to the prosecuter, then either the state will pick it up and pursue it or not. Get all the protection you can, and do be aware as Susan said, the most dangerous time is the leaving. Be very careful, change your patterns. Tearing the phone out is so common. The ladies here are very wise and please do get professional assistance, they know alot about these situations and can guide you. Some have services where in crisis, they will come pick you and your children up.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gracey
................the thing that pisses me off the most is his strength........he is stronger than I am by far

I hope you are talking about physical strength here. Mentally I think from posts you've written that you are very strong. I also thing your husband it very weak. Anyone who has to hurt someone else to make themselves feel better is definitely not strong. I hope you take everyone's good advice and really work on an escape plan. He sounds dangerous to me and even if he isn't, he's not giving you near the love and respect he should.

When I don't want sex with the Abf I usually blame my you-know-what for showing up. A friend of mine used to tell her husband she had a yeast infection. It worked, she said he'd stop bugging pretty quick after that. She even went as far as to buy a box of medicine so he thought she was taking it. You shouldn't have to make excuses to him but maybe it would at least buy you some time to think about what you want to do. I'm lucky I don't have that problem very often with Abf, he experiences "performance issues" when he's really drunk.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Gracey - My heart goes out to you. I know exactly how you feel.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Gracey,what is going on? How are you doing? Just trying to see how you are.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Please call the hotline. Is there a battered women's shelter in your area? I had not even been threatened to the extent you have and I called them just to talk about options. He sounds like he is just two short steps from physicall abuse. I agree with whoever said he is raping you.

I just got out of my relationship (fortunately not married) and when I look back I can't believe what I put up with. And you need a plan and the ability to call the police....you never know how he will react. I'm glad you saw a lawyer. Why would you have to leave the kids behind if you left? ARe they his children?